Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You know what?



OK - it says I wrote this on Tuesday, but I'm going to count this as Monday's blog 'cause I haven't gone to bed yet.

It's awful tempting to write things just to try to get comments. I think it's a sickness of mine. It's also a huge temptation to ponder your readership as well. I do both of there.

I will never - ever - tell somebody to "just go get a job" ever again. It's not that easy, man. I think I've applied for five jobs in the past two weeks. So far - nothing. I'm gonna try to apply for five more in the next week and do follow-up calls on the applications I've already made. I have to admit - it makes me wonder what God has in store for me. It has to be better than anything I've come up with on my own so far, man. So far he apparently doesn't want me to manage a restaurant, work in a crime lab, or help with autopsies. It's odd to think He needs me broke and working in a bar for $8 an hour three nights a week, but it's where He has me right now. I guess the smart thing would be for me to do would to be grateful and thankful from where I am right now, so I will. I'm hoping that He has Big Things in store from our little company, but I'm content with whatever He chooses for me and my family.

I sure do like hanging out with Toni. Even if we're just going to the store, she makes it much more pleasant just by being there. She really is my best friend, and I just can't envision my life without her in it. It's nice having a partner for everything.

I went to court today. I was open and honest and truthful and got a 60-day extension on my hearing. I'm hoping I'll have the cash to pay the tickets by then. That's good news.

Nostalgia has it's limits. I rented "Battle of the Planets" from Netflix. It's a cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid. It came on a DVD with 25 episodes.



I barely made it through the first two before I turned it off - I just couldn't take it anymore. "Star Blazers" was a LOT better, man. It's worthy of both bold and italic fonts.

Speaking of nostalgia, there's a lot of it on Facebook, which I've been on less and less lately. There's a lot of "High School Memories" stuff. Truth be told, I disliked most of high school except for band, newspaper, the one whole play I was in drama, and German and my senior English classes. I think the only way I would ever go back would be on the one condition that I know everything I know now - beyond that I just ain't interested, man. It's nice to reconnect with everybody from school again - it really is - but I think that's as close to high school as I want to get.

I sure do like marshmallows, especially in ice cream.

We're finally getting all of these backlogged work orders shipped. It feels good to get 'em out, man. It's a huge relief.

There's a guy at the bar that takes out the trash for all of us. He's a Mexican guy named Pedro. He's 55 and I make sure I give him a hug every time I come in. He's trying to teach me Spanish, but it goes slowly - further complicated by the fact that I tend to translate any other language into German first before I speak it. I help him carry the trash cans and make his way through the crowd. We can converse a little back and forth in Spanish - I like doing that. He's a good guy, man.

I've hit a wall in the food department. We've been eating a lot of sandwiches & cereal lately. I'm having one of those weeks when very little sounds good to eat. Even the stuff I love to eat (and cook) sounds not so good. Even the palate-cleansing fallbacks (Chinese food & Long John Silvers) sound a bit unappealing. Perhaps I need to branch out and try some new things. I would like a shake, though, especially coupled with fries, a burger & properly served in a the metal cup. I just saw a gut in TV eating that at a greasy spoon burger joint. Ah, TV - is there anything you can't do?

"Real Genius" is on TV - this movie is way too smart for me, so I'm going to bail & hit the sack.

358 'cause I haven't gone to bed yet.

2 comments:

brian said...

Late: btw - we're glad y'all had a good time. We did too. I don't think Diesel has been that tired since last time Casey was over (A's dog.)

Yeah, re: jobs. I've watched T apply for I bet three or four dozen since he's been back. And most haven't come through. And this is someone who a) needs the job so he's looking and b) is rather charismatic with a bunch of good interviewing/interpersonal skills.

On the food front - yeah, I get like that too when I've been in a culinary rut. Find something new that's cheap. Like, hmmm, jambalaya. I can send a recipe if you don't have one.

Pony and Petey said...

Is there anything special planned for the big Day 365???

I'm very excited for you!!!

Still praying faithfully...they now include a job for you...a happy and healthy marriage with your sweetie...fun with CND... lots of love from the kitties, of course = )

And anything else God brings to mind when I think of ya'll!

word: psandogi...a dog that like to play in the sand???