
I think I came off a little more harsh than I meant to about the Bible yesterday, and I wanted to clarify a few things.
That's what my human (sin) nature thinks about it (the Bible), and that's what I struggle against. The "rest" of me knows better. I know all the good things the Bible has in it as well. I do want to reiterate that in the past three days I did learn (both intellectually & emotionally) that I need that input, and I'm profoundly less hostile towards it than I was before I began. I didn't know I was bearing that kind of hostility towards it until I searched my heart and really thought it out, which I've never really done before - at least not about why I didn't like to read the Bible, anyway. I had to go a lot deeper than I thought was there. It's still kind of surprising what dark corners of your sin nature that you can still uncover when appropriately directed by your brothers here on Earth, especially when you're trying to listen to God a little better. For what it's worth, I came out of the fast with some of my most pressing questions answered, which was my intent all along. I suppose God can speak to you through a lot more means that we generally expect.
Anyway, that was it for today. Yesterday's was long - today's is short.
I didn't cheat and I stuck it out for the full three days. I feel pretty good about that. Oh - and we went to Whataburger afterwards.
And I read my Bible again tonight, too. I hope to make a habit out of that as well.
353

4 comments:
The fact that God spoke to you through a couple of guys you have known for a long time and answered some of those questions is really cool. Especially since we had no idea we were doing that.
God is so cool.
And I'm glad you did the fast. Looks like it turned out pretty well. And it's good for your system to let things, you know, clear out, every once in awhile.
Whataburger does pretty well - even a triple burger (which I've only gotten once before, years ago), with a large fries & an apple pie.
The Dr. Pepper I got went immediately through me, though. I wasn't expecting that at all.
I do plan on relishing and savoring my food a lot more these days instead of bolting it down, and I daresay my system was in dire need of a good flushing out. There are so many good things to eat in the USA!
You ain't kidding.
In the last six months I have discovered how much my palate experience was limited in terms of food that is generally bad for you. Pittsburgh-ians have never eaten anything that wasn't dripping with mozzarella or wing sauce.
Word Verification: folator
*giggity giggity
I have little substance to add to this thread, but I wanted to highlight the beauty of this sentence:
In the last six months I have discovered how much my palate experience was limited in terms of food that is generally bad for you.
Hilarious.
Also - Tim came home late last night (1a) and brought whataburger for us. He said he was going to get a small sandwich for me.
He brought home two of their patty melts. I am not sure if you've seen these (I hadn't) but it's basically two pieces of texas toast with two huge patties COVERED in grease, cheese, and onions.
I can't believe I slept through the night without fouling my bed.
Post a Comment