I'm getting quite a bit done. I started working at about 9 PM last night after spending a pretty relaxing day lazing around with Toni. Now I've got orders waiting to ship, all my 1099 forms filled out, all my paperwork done, all (OK.....most) of my invoices reconciled, all my orders processed, today's production schedule ready to go, all my business e-mail caught up, my order board back up & running, my credit cards all processed, the couch cleaned off, some idea of how we can combine the workspace with the rest of the living room.....
You get the idea.
It's been a good 13 hours. Finally - I needed a good productive day. Or night. Whatever. And I have to say that I actually enjoy the "running the business" part of being self-employed. I like the business end of it more than the production end of it. At least I feel like I'm thinking when doing everything I've been doing tonight, ya know? Toni went to bed several hours ago, which is good. My wife is pretty terrific.
Saturday night at the bar was kind of rough - one of our best guys got his hand broken in a fight, which I hate to see. I think he's going to be OK, but I still hate to see a guy I consider a friend get hurt, especially because of somebody who just couldn't behave. With all the "drink specials" they were running (which means they were trying to get rid of al the liquor that doesn't sell well - and tends to make people vomit - , like "Hot Damn" and "Goldschlager"), I think we're fortunate the night didn't go a whole lot worse. I haven't seen that many profoundly intoxicated people in a long time. I've only had two bad nights at work since October, and that was one of them.
Hrm - spellcheck has crapped out on me for some reason. And Google keeps sending me to Google France, which I find unpleseant for some reason. Oooo - and the italics have gone south on me as well, so now I'm having to insert the tags for 'em myself. You guys can thank Bri for teaching me how to do that. Oh man.....I can't add acat today, either. That sucks.
Well, I'm gonna start wrapping this up & get a few hours before I get back to work. I have to get up and get some bacon & onions for the beans I'm making tonight, so I can't sleep too long, else the beans won't get to cook long enough.
See you guys tomorrow, or tonight, whenever I get back in front of this box again. Thank you guys for stopping by :-)
364
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you were telling me this blog face to face I think you would be running around in little circles bobbling your head like an Indian guy.
And the Blogger spell check doesn't recognize 'blog' or 'blogger'? That's silly.
Post a Comment