
I don't think declaring bankruptcy is an acceptable option. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet, surrender the car & see if they'll let me set up a payment plan of some sort. If they insist on a lump sum they can get in line with everybody else, I guess. I'm a little concerned about a judgement or a bank levy; much like I'm concerned with one from the IRS. Ugh - debt is a terrible thing. No wonder Jesus & the Bible advise against it so strongly.
I've asked this a few times, too - how does one juggle tithing and paying off debt, man? Is it that you pay your the first part of what you receive and pay off debt with the rest? That seems to be the most logical thing to do, doesn't it? If anybody has any input on how you guys think this works I'd sure appreciate it.
I have a craving for a cold beer, a strawberry shake and a Twinkie or two. You'd think I was pregnant or something.
We're making drug tests tonight & are going to finish out our supplies. We'll be dead in the water for a few days until the rest of the supplies arrive, but we're going to use the time to grab a few hours working in the bar and getting the house straightened out. We're watching the movie "Dodgeball", which is a silly, silly movie, but fun to watch.
Oooooo - now there's a show on about these parents that enter their very young children in pageants. My initial impression is that the vast majority of these adults have some issues that they're in denial about, and some seem to be living vicariously through their children. I hope these moms are investing their kids prize winnings into a trust fun that will assist in the therapy bills these kids will undoubtedly need. Just my impression, guys.
My parent's cat Bunny seems to have calmed down some. She'll meow a greeting when I say "hi" to her and will let me pat her head a bit, and seems pretty content to lay on their bed, look out the window & laze around. Oscar got a short outdoor trial run today. He seems to like it out there. As soon as I can get the rest of his shots I think I'm going to let him start spending more time outside. I hate to allow him into a more dangerous environment, but I think he'll enjoy himself and be a bit happier with more area to roam about in. I might let Timone & Pumba explore their new domain, too, if they want to. I know it's a parenting analogy, too. Scrappy is the same, as always.
Aside from all of that, I'm about out of stuff to talk about, other than I got the picture from our Daddy Daughter Dance a few weeks ago. Here it is. I think it's a good picture. :-)
OK - see you guys tomorrow.
372

3 comments:
I'd LOVE a copy of that pic.
As far as tithing/giving goes: I think whichever you chose there is fine. Both are good and the Lord loves you either way.
My opinion? That may not be the biblical thing to do - it's just my opinion?
If you need to, use every penny of that to get out of debt. And pray over it when you do so being grateful that you've got it to pay.
You're right - there's a reason He told us not to be in debt like that. It truly is master-and-slave. Which is terrible. I've been there, I know.
If I thought you were eating high on the pig (as they say) while not having money to give back.. yeah, that'd be something else. But if your expenses are under control and you're still looking for cash for gas.. I'd suggest to you that you've got bigger fish to fry than tithing right now.
/opinion
Bill Lee has some great advice on paying back loans vs. tithing. You might give him a call. I have not ever been in major dept but I can say that when we paid off both cars it really felt like we had accpomplished something. It was a weight lifted off our shoulders. I just cant imagine the relief you will feel once you get a game plan in order and then see the fruits of your labor.
Post a Comment