Thursday, February 19, 2009

Um - Wednesday (or Thursday, I guess)



I'm a little wacky again. I slept until about 12:30 today. We went to bad last night at midnight. I figure I was due for some shuteye - I'd had exactly 90 minutes of sleep in the previous 24 hours. I don't think I even dreamed.

Today Toni and I went up to the bar & helped them do some remodeling. I got to break about 20 empty liquor bottles (with a hammer, no less) and we did some general cleaning. Once we got back I made dinner and we got to work making tests. I've been making tests for nearly ten hours ago, and I'm starting to make mistakes, so I'm gonna knock it off for a few hours and eat the breakfast that Toni made me. Bacon, eggs and pancakes, yo. That's a lot better than having tiny glass ampoules of hydrochloric acid cook off and explode six inches from your face and splash hot, molten shards of glass and acid at you. Tonight I hate my job. > angry face <

We're going to go back to the bar in about six hours and work some more, because I can't stand to lose the income that we'd be out because of the remodeling. I'm just trying to make up my hours before I loose 'em.

So, on my second day of having an honest-to-God year of sobriety under my belt, I had to leave KFC when Toni went to the restroom before we left. I still have to watch my tail, ladies & gentlemen. Instead of opting to stay there and fight a battle I knew I was going to lose, I went out and got the car for my wife. That was a much better decision. God does a pretty god job of keeping me humble now and then.

Toni and still talk about this At length on some days. We both know that there's some stuff I just can't handle, and that maybe I'll never be able to "handle". I know I still look for trouble or spend more time than I should in fear of it, in one way or another, every now and again, but I'm getting a lot better about it. I still have areas that my armour just doesn't cover, man. Fortunately, I'm not to proud to flee, ya know? I don't like having those "weaknesses" like that, but I have an understanding wife to protect me and lay down the cover fire while I run away. I hope that's OK for me to say. She's a wonderful partner, too - like having a good cop in the squad car with you, but instead of the two of you working a precinct you just do life together, and you both know that you can depend on the other, and that you can trust the other with your life.
But I digress.

You'll all be happy to know I took a shower (two, actually) scrubbed my teeth off and shaved yesterday. Glorious.


OK - time to go. Breakfast is ready.

366

PS - The cartoon in the NY Times with the chimp getting shot isn't racist. Good Lord.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I just don't get the chimp cartoon.