
I have a cold. I blame the weather, three shedding cats and a little bit of sloth when it comes to vacuuming. (The sloth has been corrected)
We're getting plenty of work stuff done, though Friday & Saturday weren't as productive as the rest of the week. Today we caught up on some rest from last night.
I have to brag on my wife for a minute, too. Last night, Toni busted four guys with fake ID's, which led us to another bust of two more. The seized ID's were handed over to FWPD. As it turns out, they're "Travelers" or gypsies of Irish descent that travel the country scamming money. Thanks to Toni, there were six fewer of 'em in our establishment last night. One of 'em did try to fight on the way out, but as he was a whopping 5'3 and maybe 105 lbs he was quickly wrapped up. Good thing, too - the first bouncer this little squirrel squared off against is a former United States Marine, and a combat vet who survived two 7.62mm rounds to the chest and with enough Taliban on his scoreboard (2 of which were taken with a Ka-Bar) to make me call him "sir".
We got all of our office stuff moved out on Friday, which means that the house is even more stuffed with things we already don't have room for. Toni's brother Michael (or "Bubba" as he's more popularly known) drove his truck for us, and a more cautious driver I don't know when I've seen. It'll be an adventure getting it all sorted out and squared away, but I know it can be done.
The cats are particularly frisky today. They're chasing each other around the house furiously and peering out the windows looking for birds. We also think that Oscar has been wetting out of stress, so we're giving him lots of extra love and assurance, and it seems to be working some so far. Fortunately, he's only been spraying the walls and doors, so it's an easy clean-up when it does happen. He hasn't touched the carpets, so it's been very easy to find & eradicate with a blacklight.
We did make it to CR last night. I was telling the guys how even though much my life has gone to hell in a hand basket, my sobriety, my serenity and my relationship with God and Toni are doing pretty well, and when all of the things that should be priorities are being kept as priorities, it takes a lot of the stress away the the other junk can cause. I like that, man.
Well, I think that's about it for today, man. We're going to Pizza Inn for our Valentine's Day of sorts, before we go in to work. Nothing says "love" like fighting drunks and busting gypsies together.
362

No comments:
Post a Comment