Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is working out well for me



....this blogging before I go to bed. I'm not wasting a lot of time that I could be spending at work, since I've already done my work for today. Huzzah!

OK - it's 4:46 AM. I get to drop a "huzzah", people. I heard a guy on TV say it and I thought it fit. I think it means "hooray" on ye olde-tyme speak.

Yes - this is already a weird post. I don't hold high hopes for much in the way of cognizant thought, though. Toni and I are waiting for our frozen pizza to cook, as there's not a whole lot open by the time we get home, and we're not spending a lot of money on much these days anyway, including food.

Toni did a great job at work tonight. She's quite personable, you know. Now we're both kind of tired and ready for bed, though.

Originally I was going to write about how I realized that over the past few weeks I've let my circumstances dictate my life schedule; that is to say, I've been letting my life manage me instead of making sure I'm managing my life. I think it kind of snuck up on me these past few weeks and it took me until today to realize it. It'll end when I wake up in the morning, as I plan to regain control of my life then. Tonight is pretty much blown, so all I'm going to do is eat pizza and get some sleep. But tomorrow, I plan on taking control of my life again, as I've had enough being blown around by the wind and riding on the waves. I don't get much accomplished that way, except for sleeping.

I went to the chiropractor today and had her take a look at my shoulder. She said I have some inflammation and some bursitis, and she taped it up for me. It looks cool - I always thought it looked cool when guys had casts and such, and the girls were always cuter when they had some kind of sports-related infirmary and had to wear a knee brace or something. Now I am that cool, except I think it's years of abuse and lack of exercise that did it to me, and anything athletic. She says it ought to be OK in a few days (or weeks) though. In the meantime, I'm enjoying looking cool, at least to myself.

My parent's house has several niceties that I'm not used to - most notably: kleenex. It's a refreshing change form blowing my nose on whatever is on the dirty clothes hamper, a habit that's aggravated everybody I've ever dated or married. I know - it's gross.

For my Mom:

Oscar is alternately sitting in a box (and looking impressed with himself) and wandering around the house meowing loudly just to hear the sound of his own voice. Timone and Pumba are chasing each other in a loop through the rooms and tumbling into the furniture. Somebody knocked over one of the chairs in the living room but I have no suspects or solid leads. Bunny is sleeping (and drooling) on the green chair in my parent's bedroom. Scrappy is in the garage engaging in unknown conduct, but still believes he deserves to be petted when I see him, and advises me so upon any entry into the garage. As I have no cause to assume he is engaging in any kind of avian, rodentia or other homicide I indulge him under normal circumstances.

OK - pizza's done, and I ran out of things to say. I'm too tired to shower.

See you guys tomorrow.

335

1 comment:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Hey Ian - We are doing a friend and family name wall with Deacon to simultaniously teach him his letters and how to pray for people. We are at the letter that begins the name of Code Name Diamond. I will put her name with a little photo of her face next to it up on the wall under her "letter" and we pray for all the people whose names are on the letter of the week. Could you please send me a photo of her to my e-mail. Jenny @ tales from the branches . com

Actually, we will eventually get to I and T, so could you send me photos of all three of you? I can crop, so you can all be together.

Thanks!

word verification: horsylan