
Does anybody else want to hear this guy go to Sonic and order lunch?
Today all I've done is sleep, eat (a little) and work at Job #1 & Job #2. I haven't heard anything about the house closing, which was supposed to happen today. I don't know if that's good or bad, and I left the realtor's number at the office. I'll call 'em tomorrow and find out what's going on. To be truthful, I'm way past the point of caring about it anymore.
Does anybody else think that Dr. Jack Van Impe is a little squirrley? And does anybody else wonder about his wife, Dr. Rexella Van Impe? Does anybody else find it odd that they're both have doctorate degrees, and does anybody else wonder where they got them, or what school would give those cats those kind of credentials? I'm starting to lose a little respect for higher education, man. I've met waaaaay too many folks with bachelors & masters degrees who are having a tough time making ends meet, and these two cats folks aren't instilling a whole lot of confidence in me personally.
Code Name Diamond came over tonight and we had a pretty good time. We've invented a few games, and we got to play two of 'em tonight:
#1) Will Pumba Eat It?
#2) What's on My Face?
I miss Ball Fight - that was a fun game.
On a wildly different note, this e-surance "cloud cult" commercial makes my teeth grind. In my opinion, it's just pro-environmentalist propaganda, where they grow grass over the evil oil well and make the wicked, scary oil-monster cry. He has $.25 in his wallet, and he's feeling pretty lucky today. Go back to your Phish concert, pothead. You're not fooling me.
Know how Red Dawn Starts?
Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO dissolves. United States stands alone.
See? If you Green Party folks gain control of our country we're screwed. I'm not falling for your propaganda, even if it's disguised as a insurance commercial.
Or maybe I'm way off and it's just a marketing ploy to get tree huggers and folks who just believe all the global warming crap they're fed on a daily basis to buy your insurance. Either way, it grates on me. Thank you for letting me vent.
I got home from work (from Job #2) about two hours early tonight, which lets me go back to work at Job #1 for a few more hours.
On yet another wildly different topic, Bunny seems to have calmed down a little, and will let me scratch the top of head for no more than five seconds at a time (not to exceed 15 seconds total) without hissing, running under the bed or trying to bite me. Scrappy, our other cat, spends his days lying in the sun and rolling in the leaves before spending the night in his warm garage, complete with his own personal space heater. He generates no drama whatsoever.
Before I wrap this up, I want to share with you guys what happened today. This morning, Toni and I were struggling to figure out how we were going to return the rental car, make a supply run to Justin, pick & return Code Name Diamond to Keller and make it to work at Job #2 (in south Ft. Worth). We only had 1/2 tank of gas between the two cars and no money, man. I asked God to help us out, because I didn't know how I was going to pull it off.
Then Toni found some cash in our bedroom - in a tin. I had no idea it was there.
We prayed on the spot and thanked God for the cash, man, because in our minds that was a miracle. God took care of us today, just like He's going to do tomorrow.
Anyway, I have to go wrap the faucets because it's going to be 22 degrees tonight. I hope you guys are warm.
And the new Angry Whopper from Burger King is - at best - mildly irritated by a minor inconvenience. It's far from angry, but still pretty good.
Any my left shoulder hurts but I don't know why. >pout<
See you guys tomorrow (today).
334

2 comments:
I like it when the best thing you have to post about is a miracle, and the worst thing you have to post about is an annoying TV guy.
Word Verification: unsking
1. (verb) To lose a ski halfway down a hill
2. (verb) To make a sound like a techno beat with the back of your throat
Ueter went, "unsk, unsk, unsk..."
I KNEW IT! Just mildly irritated! I totally told Steve that that is what I suspected.
PROBABLY angry in like maybe Michigan or Wisconsin. Def not TEXAS.
Post a Comment