Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For whatever day this is - Wednesday, I think.



I spent most of yesterday sleeping, though I think I sorely needed it. Today, too.

My brother and his family were trying to fly to Lubbock and got stuck here in Dallas because of the ice storm, so I got to see them for several hours, which was great. I got to see Boy D and Baby M as well as Brando & Jenny, and I feel like I got to bond with them for a little. I've made four airport runs in the past 24 hours, but it was totally worth it because I got to see 'em. I think I might even be willing to go to Guatemala now, if we can pull it off one of these days. I might even be able to work my way up to Haiti eventually, if for no other reason that to have a passport with some stamps in it. And I guess it wouldn't hurt to see my parents, either.

Tonight Toni are going to pull a long night and catch up on all the work I've missed this week. I have enough in the bank to ship it now, and that's very good. Things are starting to look up again.

As far as my addiction recovery goes, it gets easier and easier every day to not fall back into it. Right now I have too many days of sobriety to even really consider breaking it, though I know it'll always be there. I feel blessed and fortunate.

I think there's a possibility that I might need to take one of my Klonipin (which is an anti-anxiety medication) once a week, just to keep me from getting so stressed out I can't handle it, which is when I snap, like what happened last Thursday. I mean, meds like that exist for a reason, right? The way I see it, I'm only human, and people can only take so much stress before cracks appear and they start to twist off, and if I need to take a pill once a week (or a 1/4 of one so I can make them last) then it seems like a good idea for me to take it.

Toni and I are going to spar and practice a little, as I'm protective of her and I don't want to see get hurt at work. I know she can hold her own, but I'd sure like to see her drop me a few times before we go back again.

I'm going to start wearing my Kevlar vest to work again. Last weekend somebody pulled a knife at the bar, but dropped it in the fight before somebody got stabbed. But for some drunk's clumsiness somebody almost got knifed, and I want al the protection I can get.

Anyway, that's all I've got going for today, except we got Little Caesar's for dinner. We only spent $8 and got more pizza then we could eat. Good deal, man.

See you guys tomorrow.

345 (or 346, but I'm going to err on the side of caution)

4 comments:

Zach said...

I thought a knife would go through klevlar.

Zach said...

kevlar rather. I'm typing with one haand

Ian said...

Yeah - a direct stab with a double edged blade will punch through unless it hits the trauma plate, but it'll stop a slash or a stab with more dull instrument.

Hell - even slowing down a knife oughta help.

Zach said...

I imagine a drunken stab is equivalent to a sober slash.