Thursday, October 30, 2008



You know what I don't like? It's how that things that are generally not good for you can be the things that you like the most.

In and of themselves, they're not inherently evil.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently dangerous.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently wicked.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently malicious.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently deceitful.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently poison.
In and of themselves, they're not inherently hateful.

Sometimes they're fun.
Sometimes they're safe.
Sometimes they're pleasant.
Sometimes they're nice.
Sometimes they're honest.
Sometimes they're fulfilling.
Sometimes they're sweet.

But you still have to stay away from 'em because they're not good for you, even if for no other reason that they're just that distracting, and draw your attention away from where it needs to be.

I only have so much energy, and I can't get away with letting it get diverted from where I have to put it for my life to be held together the way I think it needs to go in order to keep it within my own value system. But damnit, man - it sure is hard to do sometimes.

Also - no hoochie costumes at church last night. At least, none that did anything for me.

OK - back to work.

259

No comments: