Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I've been thinking all day about what to blog....

And I don't have a lot to say today. For once.

Yesterday was really good for a variety of reasons. It was really nice to spend an evening with my Mom & Dad. We saw "Fireproof" which was a pretty good movie all in all, and had a lot of value I was able to find on a personal level. I learned a long time ago that I need to always find the value in things and in people. (If you're sketchy about seeing it, just know going in who made it and what its agenda is and you'll do OK.)

I'm tired of the election already. I was tired of it six months ago. I think both candidates are crap, but I'm going to hold my nose and vote Republican anyway, but only because I think it's the lesser of two evils, an expression I choose to use quite intentionally here. I almost don't care who wins anymore, if they'll just shut the hell up about it.

You know what the worst part is about that? It's not going to end on November 4th, either, unless it's a Reagan/Mondale-grade landslide either way. It won't even be decided on election day. Somebody will bitch and moan about the election being "stolen" or people being disenfranchised or whatever the proper term they want to use is, and lawsuits will be filed and the results will be held in contempt until some judge someplace makes a decision nobody will like. Or hell - we'll just have us some good ol'fashioned riots and then be told it's my fault somehow.


Either way, I'm buying an M4 the first chance I get.

Aside from that....I got nothin'. Have a cat.



257

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

It is totally not going to be over on Nov 4, you're right about that.

I'm tired of the arguing, the lying, the painting of a good picture about obama, and all the lies about palin. The inherent double standard. All of which liberals will obfuscate when/if given the chance. Arguing with one of them is like trying to catch smoke.