Monday, October 20, 2008

We did it.



Toni and I got married on Saturday. It went great, though the 72 hours preceding the wedding were pretty stressful. Wednesday's trip to the fair was fun, but we had some train-catching issues that threw off our groove a little, and made me repent getting off my anti-anxiety meds a little to early.

Thursday I had an "I'm broke and I can't afford anything" pity party (which my Mom talked me out of) and Thursday night was slideshow-tweaking trauma night, and I found out a very dear friend is in the hospital. Toni however, had her bachelorette party, which was a rousing success, and gave her a great note to end her evening on.

Friday I was fairly stressed for most of the day, but only about wedding stuff. The apartment refused to let us set up the chairs until the morning of the wedding, which wasn't fun. However, the food (and especially the company) at the rehearsal dinner was spectacular, though I wish I hadn't been quite as stressed as I was. My brother and his wife generously gave us a great wedding present and gave us a nice wedding night at a great hotel. Very special thanks to Mom, Coral, Erin (and everybody else I was too stresssed to notice) for all their help in putting together a wonderful rehearsal dinner, and a very special thanks to my Dad for cooking a massive pile of steaks to perfection. After a great dinner and a nice recharge, I was up 'til 3:30 AM working out the audio visual technical bugs and getting all the pre-decorating groundwork done for the ceremony, and at about 4:00 AM on Saturday morning, I started feeling pretty good.

I have to say, the wedding went off perfectly, save my inadvertently trying to start the slideshow (which went pretty well I think) before the mothers were seated - oops! Almost all the people I love the most were there, and the folks that we wanted to share our day with us were in attendance. The music was perfect, especially the processional, and Code Name Diamond did a great job pulling double duty as the flower girl & ring-bearer. We had no problems with anybody whatsoever at any time, and the invaluable services rendered by our massive kilt-wearing groomsman (and official wedding bouncer) were much appreciated. Special thanks to Tim (Timmmaaaayyyy!) for flawlessly running the slideshow & the music for the entire event, too.

The ceremony was performed by native Texas Judge - The Honorable J.W. Hand (also my uncle) and my brother, who is an ordained minister. It was short, sweet, meaningful, righteous and good. We were very happy to have a wedding ceremony honored by the both God and the Great State of Texas.

The cakes (made by our respective mothers) were awesome. We had two extremely talented photographers to shoot everything, and we're excited to share the pictures as soon as we get them. Cleanup went quickly, and the clubhouse was restored to normal by 5:00 PM. We enjoyed a fun & romantic wedding night, and had a great time on Sunday relaxing & opening presents. Thank you notes will be on the way shortly.

Anyway, thank you - all of you - for making our wedding day so very special. It couldn't have happened any other way.

OK - back to work.

249

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I am soooooo happy for both of you!