
OK - it looks like everybody's cooled down sufficiently & we're back to normal. I pulled the blog from a a few days ago just to keep from fanning any flames that may be dying down. While I'm on that, I do need to own up to a few things that I think I understand better after a few days to ruminate.
In one respect, she was right - I should have contacted her & her hubby when I called my parents on Sunday, and I should have (at least) told them when I dropped her off. While it was not intentional, I am ultimately responsibly for causing her mom and stepdad to miss it because I didn't think of you them as well. I am sorry for that - I really am.
I do need to give them credit where credit is due, as I know that her mom & her stepdad make an effort to include me in her daily life with her football games & teacher nights and stuff like that, and I appreciate it. I also realize that I owe both of them the same courtesy, and I missed out on the chance to extend it to them on Sunday like they deserved. I asked them forgiveness for that - that was my fault, and I won't do it again.
When I pick up Audrey on Thursday, I'll take responsibility for my actions and tell that I was wrong not to make sure that her mom and stepdad were included on Sunday. We still agree with each other on showing a united front, and will also continue to speak positive things about each other as well, and will continue to enforce this policy with our families as well.
I needed a reminder to make sure my actions needing to match my words, and it's my responsibility to show Code Name Diamond what integrity looks like.
So, I think we're all cool now.
What else?
I have a new (second) job with my apartment complex as a "porter" which I think is code for garbage man and pooper-scooper. I'm fine with that, though. I also have an interview for a third job as a bouncer again at a cowboy bar in Fort Worth - I gotta leave for that one in about 30 minutes. Hey - I'm not gonna get out of debt just sitting on my can and waiting for it to happen, right?
The cats are groovy.
The wedding is coming together bit by bit.
The money's starting to come in a little.
The next projects I have is getting a tux & getting the slideshow all put together, but I have a day or so to do that.
OK - gotta go. See you guys tomorrow.
237

2 comments:
So what worked for you? I don't have your e-mail.
it's a little too long to post here :-)
it's iscott at scottcompany dot com
Post a Comment