
Well, my buddy Zach's house got broken into by some low-life. I am angry, but am determined to direct and channel it into something positive, like helping him make sure it doesn't happen again. I offered to post up at his place (heavily armed, of course) and see if the pinhead comes back, but my offer was politely declined.
I got some good news on the house front - it appears that President Bush signed a bill as part of the bailout package that enables distressed homeowners to short-sell their homes and not be held financially liable for the difference between the short-sale price and the payoff on the loan. My realtor is checking on this for me today - if this is the case I may be off the hook - I'd be able to dump the house, not have to eat the negative equity, and my credit won't take the profound beating of foreclosure. I'll keep you guys posted.
If you guys have an minute today, please pray for my friend Tara. I don't have her permission to go into specifics, but I know she'd sincerely appreciate it, as would her husband. And I would, too.
I have to get back to work now, but you guys have a good one.
250

3 comments:
While I may not in general agree with the bail out package in most circumstances, that sounds awesome for you, and I don't think your situation is typical anyway. I hope it works out.
Yeah - I'm a huge critic of the bailout, and have been against it from the beginning.
However, since it's already a done deal, I'm willing to let it work to my advantage. I feel slightly hypoctitical, but it seems quite foolish not to take the opportunity if it indeed arises.
My pride & my ego have gotten me in enough trouble already.
I've always opposed the idea of an Earned Income Credit too...
But I never sent mine back. ;-)
Also, the main reason I don't like the bailout is that it takes responsibility away from people who took on loans that they never had a snowballs chance in hell of paying off. If memory serves me, when you bought that house you were in a position to afford it, and then your situation changed. I think you can take advantage of the bailout with a good political conscience.
Post a Comment