Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday



I don't have much new or exciting today. My knee is substantially better, thanks to a good cleaning, a lot of peroxide, a long, hot soak in an Epsom salts bath, and about a bucket of Neosporin. Today I have it wrapped in a maxi pad and an ace bandage because I don't have any band-aids that are big enough. Hey - if it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. (Murphy's Law of Combat #6) I also discovered I'm kind of a whiner when it comes to me being in pain, and I'm a bad patient.

I was going to write a tribute to my buddy Nate today, as he's moving back to Pennsylvania, but I want a few more days to think about it. I've got it 75% written in my head, but I want a little while longer.

I'm still selling stuff out on Craigslist, and hopefully I won't have much of anything to move. I've already thrown out one entire garbage bag of just plain trash from the kitchen so far, and I still have a lot more to sort, pack and /or throw out. This is going to be a very light trip, and I'm only taking the necessities. By the way - a lot of folks on Craigslist either aren't too bright and/or cannot follow simple instructions. I should have expected this, but I didn't.

I have to call the mortgage company today and see how what kind of options I have. Today I'm looking at something called a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. We'll see, but I'm not hopeful. I have to call my realtor in a minute, too.

Geez - now I'm all discouraged. I'm done for today.

180.

*** UPDATE ***

The zipper on my shorts blew out, so now I can't zip up my pants anymore.

Curses.

*** Oh - update again. ***

I'm having ZERO luck finding a second job.


*** Update #3 ***

I am now officialy in a horrible mood.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Don't be discouraged! Your at 6 months, that's what matters isn't it?

Zach said...

"I also discovered I'm kind of a whiner when it comes to me peing in pain"


If it hurts to pee, you have a right to whine.

Ian said...

Hah - that's what I get for not running spell-check.

It's only hurt when I pee once, and that was a long time ago.

Pony and Petey said...

Uhh...I think I missed something... what did you do to your knee??? Is it a good story?

And just for the record, that is the very first time, well... the ONLY time, I've ever heard a guy say "maxi-pad" not as a part of a joke or some other crude comment.

Hilarious!!! But I'm really sorry about your knee and all the other junk you've got going on = (

Still praying faithfully...

Pony and Petey said...

Oh yeah...can you post pics of your knee???

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Yeah, I'm with Pony- I wanna know what you did to the knee as well.