Monday, August 18, 2008

Just real quick, and I don't meant to start anything, but....

Another blog I visit regularly had an anonymous commenter that signed "the not really anonymous, Anonymous"

I figure this was one of two things.

#1) The poster was actually well-known to the blog's author and was commenting with the full knowledge and/or consent and/or in conjunction with the author, and the comment was a "wink" from the poster to the author, as they were already talking offline anyway. This seems vastly more likely to us. However.....


#2) It was a thinly-veiled jab at somebody that has posted here Anonymously on occassion. If this was the case, both Toni (who originaly pointed this out to me) and I feel it was a cheap, wholly unnecessary shot at somebody that didn't have it coming. The original Anonymous poster certainly doesn't need our help at defending them, but all the same we both felt they were worth standing up for if they were indeed being wrongly poked at.

If we're way off (and we very well may be on this one) please accept out most humble apologies.

We just didn't want to let a chance to stand up for somebody that deserved to be stood up for go by without addressing it if it needed to be said.

Carry on.

Ian & Toni

4 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

It was Jenny.

*word verification: bcwet. Very funny.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Oh, and the comment was not directed at anybody. Except me, I guess. You were right with the 'wink behind the scenes' assumption.

Brandon and Jenny said...

This is Jenny - I was trying to be funny. As far as #2, other "anonymouses" didn't enter, nor do they ever enter my mind. I don't make thinly-veiled jabs (that I can recall). I jab in plain site! :)

Just to clarify.

oh, and have a blessed day! And tell Toni to call me back if you get the chance. I can't access her blog, but I want to give my new sister telephone hugs. I will try to call her later.

Ian said...

I appreciate it, guys. :-)