Friday, August 22, 2008

Good Friday


And it IS!

I got a nice order in this morning, despite us having some temporary problems with our phone & fax lines. I had to post my pay-by-the-minute cell phone number on our website so I can talk to customers for the rest of the day, and maybe on Monday. It'll be several weeks before I can collect on it, but it's still NICE to get the business, especially after the past three months. It's like the end of the drought is beginning to near, even if it's still gonna be a little while longer. Still no paycheck today, but right now I'm just so happy to get this order I don't care.

I can't talk much today because I have Code Name Diamond in tow and I feel compelled to spend my time with her, but I complain so much here I wanted to share some good news with you guys for a change. You guys deserve to get in on the good stuff, too. We're having a fun day today already. Code Name Diamond is busy scoring fistfulls candy from the other two offices in the building, so she's happy as a clam.

I'm giving away 99% of my Halloween props before I move, as I can't bring it all with me. If anybody wants a seven-foot coffin containing a monster skeleton constructed of cow bones wired together let me know - I'd like to see it go to a good home :-) I'll even deliver it if you're close. I'm keeping my smoke machine, though. You never know when you'll need a smoke machine.

I feel very much less stressed today. I appreciate everybody's good thoughts & prayers. I know they're working.

OK - that's all for today. You guys have a great weekend, and I'll see on Monday.

Pony - how do you get a writing gig?
Chuck - thanks, bro.

190

No comments: