Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Again



Today I feel like I'm in a weird place and I'm not sure where to go with it, so I'll just start writing and see where I end up.

You ever want to know about something but you (really) can't ask? I have one of those this morning, a particularly strong one for a variety of reasons, and I can't do anything about it except sit here and not know, which I hate. All I can do is pray about it, which I still do. It's still a compulsive need to know I still struggle with, and I have to force myself to release that form of control (which it is) back to God and let Him handle it, which I don't always like. It stresses e out, not knowing, and erodes my serenity, which can put me on dangerous ground from time to time. I hate that.

I also hate feeling this way about this on it's own, though I can't go into detail here, which I also hate. Confused? Me, too.

There's been some interest in the house, but it's coming down to the wire pretty quick here. Somebody's gotta step up & buy it fast, though if they don't I've made my peace with it. This week I'm packing the garage - it's about all I have left.

I guess Saturday night was the last night Code Name Diamond will going to spend in her little pink room. I'm kind of sad about that. Next time she comes over she'll have a her new room in the apartment. That makes my heart a little heavy, man, though I'm not sure why.

The wedding stuff seems to be coming together nicely. On Saturday I got fitted for a kilt, and we got engagement pics (which I'm looking forward to seeing) and a little shopping done yesterday. I'm looking forward to all of it, and I'm looking forward to all of it being over, too, and getting on with the actual marriage part of it.

We've dumped almost all of our unnecessary furniture, I think. If any of you cats wants an elliptical machine let me know. It's going to be a quick and easy move, albeit one with too damn many stairs. I hope it'll have cooled off some by then. The 70's would be nice.

I've got to finish making the invitations and send 'em out. We went hog-wild and registered at Walmart, with a few things at Kohl's. Truth be told, we didn't need much, I don't think. Once the official invites are sent, there'll be some repercussions we'll have to deal with, but we'll have a police officer on-scene in addition to our own private "wedding bouncer" to ensure that things go smoothly and without interruption or any unpleasantness. I am not going to let her wedding be disrupted or let anything happen that's going to cause her stress on her special day.

Work is starting to (slowly) pick up. I have to make a trip to Lewisville, though - I can't get the gas I need here (Mapp/Pro) in Roanoke until next week.

Curses.
Bah.
Feh.

OK - that's it for today, I guess. See you guys tomorrow.

193

6 comments:

Zach said...

A person who requires a "Wedding Bouncer" has interesting stories. So I guess that's kind of a plus side. Sort of.

Some day you're going to have to turn your life story into a novel.

But with zombies.

and a veliciraptor.

A real one, not just Trevor drunk.

Joanna said...

The things you said about providing protection for your bride is so beautiful. Aaaaaahhhhh

Brandon and Jenny said...

why can't you get gas in Roanoake?

brian said...

I wonder if I should get my CCL beforehand. My kilt is bulky enough to conceal it, I warrant.

Speaking of which - we should discuss said outfit at your leisure. Gimme a shout sometime.

Nathan said...

Wow...this sounds so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, its gonna be a blast :)