Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh, man.

What to write about today.....

Well, how about this?



Toni and I getting married on Saturday, October 18th, 2008.

We'll be getting married in a very cozy venue in Roanoke. It will be a very, very small event with immediate family & very close friends only, with about 40 people attending. We'd love to invite all of you guys, but we're paying for the whole thing ourselves and we just can't afford it. The Honorable J.W. Hand (aka Uncle J) has graciously agreed to officiate, and we couldn't be more pleased.

I know I'm taking a risk by posting this here, but at the end of the day, the amount of fallout I (and we) are sure to endure can't compare to the good news.

The early friends and family response has already been overwhelmingly positive, and we both sincerely appreciate your love and your support.

There has, unfortunately, only been one individual (who shall remain nameless) who has not taken the good news as well as I had hoped, and now appears determined bring legal action against me involving Code Name Diamond. I'm hoping after the initial shock of the news wears off, this person will be restored to their generally rational, kind, pleasant and pastoral nature, and this will blow over and the relationship will be restored to it's natural and very agreeable state. In the past, once the shock has worn off, emotions have cooled, passions have subsided, rational thought resumes it's natural place and all becomes well again. In the past, that's generally been the pattern, and I hope this pattern continues. Otherwise, the rest of you guys have been absolutely wonderful so far.

Anyway, that's a pretty big one for today. I have to get back to work now.

More to come.

174

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

Brandon and Jenny said...

Woohoo!

I'll be there with coattails on. Or at least in a suit. Especially because I have another wedding that day! But not one as cool as yours. :-)

Oh, and anyone with questions can read 1 Corinthians 7. That should clear things up.

Zach said...

Congratulations.

I'll be their with Cattails on.

You know, in disguise.

Shhh... you never saw me, right?

...oooOOO

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOSHHHHH!

That is pretty exciting. Let's hang out. Bring Toni...

my email is bonnye@the(mylastnamehere)family.org

Nathan said...

Congratulations.

I, of course, will be 1200 miles away but wish you guys the best.

And don't get, in any way, the contention from nameless parties.

Makes no sense.

Pony and Petey said...

WOW!!! What a great surprise!!!

Now I can pray for you BOTH as I also pray for you individually!!

MEGA-congrats, Dude and Dudette!!