Tuesday, February 23, 2010



Today was a momentous occasion for two reasons:

#1) I filled my gas tank up all the way. It's the first time that's happened since June of '09.

#2) I bought apples and a pineapple at the store. I'm gonna eat 'em.

I also want to state that, for the record, I think Pink Lady apples are a whole lot better than Red (so-called) Delicious apples.

I was going to delve into the whole "Am-I-Angry" concept for some deep, personal introspection, but I have to confess I've pretty much lost interest in it already. Toni says it's not so much anger as:

#1) I still have a problem with wanting to control
#2) Basic Impatience
#3) Long-Term financial & personal stress

As she actually lives with me and observes me on a daily basis and has a ring-side to my circus of mayhem, I (along with Bri, whom I trust completely) think that she's probably the best judge of how angry I am. She has assured me that if I indeed begin a pattern of exhibiting the signs & symptoms of an out-of-control anger problem, she'll let me know, so I figure I'm just going to keep doing my best to keep my temper in check and let her be my little pressure gauge.

The news said it might snow but I seriously doubt it. My Bronco is in perfect running order, which means not even a dusting. Even the brakes seem to have fixed themselves. I refilled the master cylinder with nice, clean brake fluid and pumped the brakes to work any air out of the lines and they seem to work quite nicely again.

I think I'm going to go vote tomorrow. Know who I'm gonna vote for for Governor? Kinky Freedman. I have officially had enough of politics to last me a lifetime.

By the way - any of you in the Flower Mound / Roanoke / Argyle / Double Oak / Bartonville / Justin / Northlake / Trophy Club area: Please be sure to cast your vote for J. Hand for Justice of the Peace, Precinct #4. He's a good man, a good judge, and he's doing a great job. I am by no means perfect, or even that spectacular in many regards, and all nepotism aside- I can tell you with 100% honesty that he's still the right man for the job, and he's making a real difference in the lives of the kids he helps. If you guys could lend him a hand I know he'd appreciate it.

I was thinking about building myself a still and trying to make my own moonshine. I really don't drink, but I think it might be fun. If I move out in the country I'm totally going to do it, as right now I don't really have any place to put one.

Well, that's all I have for now.

730

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ian, Freidman is running for ag commision, not gov. this round.

Ian said...

Damnit.