
Well, here's a few pics of yesterday's mishap. It's not quite funny yet, but I'm not as mad as I was last night.


I think the problem ended up being the thermal fuse, a new one of which will arrive in a few days. Also, the stuff inside was on fire, but we fixed that.
Anyway, here's what spawned the entire fiasco. This was a lot of the problem - I could only dry this many with the two existing drying racks I had. It took several hours.

As I don't have a working dryer until Saturday, and, in honor of my Dad, I made a new rack. I still have 1200 treated pads to dry in the next few days. This is a substantial improvement.

I don't know where I'm going to keep it after this, but I'll figure out something.
Nothing much today, man. I felt pretty wiped most of today, and I felt pretty poorly last night. Toni said it was due to smoke inhalation, which makes sense. I had to have a hot bath before I called it a night, which I haven't done in at least a year, if not longer.
I started watching "The Office" on TV as of late. I hate to admit it - I have a long track record of being of Dwight Shrute, man. Ugh - that's an appalling thought, but I've totally acted that way.
You guys ever have one friend you couldn't be prouder of and another friend you could just kill on the same day? As somebody that I suspect has been both of those people (several times), I don't know how you folks handle it. That's about all I can say on that, man.
Well, I have the heartburn. I blame the chili I had for lunch and the Burger King I had for dinner didn't help. I'm gonna eat some powerdered donuts as snack in a minute to kill it, 'cause that's how I roll.
Meh - that's all I got tonight.
709

3 comments:
I suspect most of us have been on either end of that spectrum more than once. heh.
I was going to ask why you were limited on the number you could dry. I was assuming there was a ScottInvention that was doing its job very well but probably wasn't meant to scale terribly well. Good job on extending the drying rack. Looks good *(:
Have you considered building a drying cabinet? For less than $100.00 you could put one together with 2 sheets of plywood, a roll of hardware cloth, a small used electric space heater, and some scrap 1 X 2 to make the frames. It would take about 1/2 day to build. Give me a call if you want to have some drawings or help building. I am listed in the local phone book, or a copy of the CBC phone book. Mike McM
How about no heat; air and tumble dry only?
The drying cabinet sounds like a good idea as well. Course I don't know what forced air and heat would do to your chemistry.
Post a Comment