Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a couple of things



I'm getting to the point where I don't like saying a prayer before I at. I just want to eat. I don't like feeling like I have to say a prayer before I eat so I can eat without guilt. It's the sense of obligation that galls me, or the fact that we do it without really thinking, or perhaps without really even meaning it. It's just a pattern, or a hardwired ritual that church folks do. God knows I'm thankful for the food I get to eat. How many times a day does He have to hear it? I think God would rather I just eat, ya know? I mean, if you go to out to eat, do you praise the waiter, or walk back to the kitchen and tell the cook that you hope the food provides your body the necessary nutrition to sustain your life? No, man - you just eat it.

I dunno....maybe I'm just feeling fidgety and kind of petulant.

I'm thinking that I may take a week off from here, guys. I feel like I need kind of a break. If you guys don't mind I'm gonna head to the bench until next Wednesday.

Have a good one.

716

1 comment:

Mikie McM said...

When you get the question of religion versus relationship down to a simple test or answer please write that in a blog. Some generation came up with a good word for it, "Get Real", but I was not smart enought to know how to feel the "real" part, all the time. I do know the religious answer to the "Real". I guess I have to fall back on you get only enough light for the next step, so it is just one step at a time. I've done the prayer that was about religion and show, out of obligation. You are right it is good for a pat on the back or avoiding the swift kick, but it did not clear the ceiling.