
So...what to write, huh?
Toni and I have started crunching the basic numbers of house getting, and so far it looks workable provided that we stay withing our parameters and live beneath our means. We're meeting with our realtor on Monday to pursue it further. Next week we're taking a short road tip to check out some of the areas we'd be looking in.
Toni is on Day 6 of the Advocare 24-Day Challenge. She's dropped 5 pounds so far. That's some real results, man. The scale and loose clothing are hard to argue with, and she still has several days left to go. The only cheating she's done is A) one slice of pizza and B) five (5) french fries. By comparison, I ate Chuck-E-Cheese, Wendy's, Popeye's and Braums. And I had an apple, too, because that offsets it all.
So - you guys ever wonder if Jesus really looked like? I kind of hope he was a black guy.
I need a haircut, man - I can see more and more gray the longer it grows, and it's gotten shaggy. I dislike it shaggy, but nobody else likes it all buzzed it off but me. There has to be a middle ground someplace, but I haven't found it yet. There's a another bouncer at the bar that'll cut it for me for free.
Tomorrow is Girls Gone Wild at the bar. The most irritating thing about that? I don't have my blacklight to verify the ID's the way I want to. I'm gong to do the same thing I did last time - stay at the door until the night is over, sweep the parking lot, empty the trash and go home.
Since Kinky isn't running for Texas Governor, I think I'm going to vote for Medina. I've grown tired of Bailey & Perry, and this is my way of putting a stick in their metaphysical eye. I'm just sorry that's the only stick I have. I'd jab it at all of Washington DC if I could, except for Alan Keyes & J.C Watts. Those guys should be president.
Toni finally opened up one of my envelopes in my stack of mail from the IRS. It turns out I owe a LOT less than I had originally thought, though I would have been less nervous about it had I opted to actually open the mail from them instead of stacking it neatly on the desk for the past several months. Fortunately, I think the amount I owe them is less than what it would cost the to put the squeeze on me again (NOT A DARE, IRS!) and Toni and I had budgeted to get them about 70-80% paid off in the next few weeks anyway. Things are looking up for me regarding my civic fiscal responsibility.
OK - I think that's it. I'm dangerously close to becoming one of those blogs I complain about where they don't say anything that meets my definition of "worthwhile". I generally don't mind being hoisted to (or is it "by") my own petard, but when it comes to my own blog I'm gonna try to bail before I dig myself in any deeper. :-)
732

3 comments:
Not to worry about not haveing much worth while to say. The picture of what the cat says is worth the click to your site.
Ian, you have so many things to write about. People enjoy reading what you write, not sharing your drama. Write a short story or talk about zombie preparation or or why you think raccoons are bad or your hopes for your daughter or what God is teaching you and we'll enjoy it. I think you will too.
I would love to hear more stories of road trips = )
Post a Comment