Friday, January 15, 2010



Last night went very well; I saw nothing untoward or out of the ordinary - no problem there. I go back to work tonight. And, funnily enough, I saw a Pathways Person in line. She was wearing a bracelet that said "If you did know.....". It's always great to see "Pathwayians" :-)

On a wildly unrelated subject change, I know somebody that's going through a divorce - she's leaving her husband (no abuse or anything) and as far as I know she's getting everything she wants and more. Yet, as time goes by, she's getting angrier and angrier, and making the soon-to-be ex hubby out to be a monster. I know the guy, man - he's just not. I don't see what she has to be angry about when A) she's the one leaving and B) she's getting everything she wants out of it. I know I'm just a guy, and generally you ladies' brains are fairly incomprehensible to us most of the time, but this makes no sense to me at all, other than odds are she just has some very deep-rooted anger problems that she's not dealing with and is simply directing it at her soon-to-be ex because he's a convenient target. I don't have a point here, other than I think it's a shame all around.

I'm struggling with feeling just overall "down" every so often, and I can't isolate the cause. It tends to emerge out of the blue every once in a while, and I'm unsure what the trigger is, so it's a bit tricky to avoid. I'm sure it has to do with my codependent nature & my desire to control things I can't. I don't think it's loneliness, but maybe it's something like that. I don't have much else in the way of insight on that one.

Mom & Dad are fine.
Cats are fine.
Wife & kid are fine.
I'm fine.

Toni's threatening to turn on "Conveyor Belt of Love", which I don't know if I can handle.

Meh - that's it. If I don't have anything that's interesting enough for me to write down for myself I won't waste you guys time with pointless filler just so I feel like I wrote something, ya know? Anyway, that's it.

Thank you guys again for commenting. I like to hear from y'all.

687

1 comment:

haitimom said...

OK, I will admit it. I am hopelessly addicted to your and your brother's blog. There t have said it and I don't care who know it.

You said you feel down sometimes and I can sure understand that. We all do but the fact that it just seems like you'll can never get out of your financial bondage, I am sure contributes to your feeling discouraged.
I want to tell you though that there is nothing that you cannot over come. I know words may not mean much but after what Haiti has experienced this week, I know what trials you/we encounter are surmountable. We do the possible, God does the impossible. Ok, I know you'll do not want to but if you have to stay with us a while longer it's OK. We have our family. There is a pastor I know of here whose son was taking an exam at a school in PAP, when the building collapsed and he was trapped, he has texted his dad here in Cayes to come get him, but the dad was not able to go because of no gas. A missionary gave him some gas and hopefully he is on his way but does not know if his son is still alive. Nothing you or we have faced come even close to such heart ache. (Not saying you have not faced heart ache) So many have lost their family. My life has been changed forever and I know that with God's help we will get through anything life throws at us. Hug your wife and daughter and thank God you have them. You have what really counts in this life and the next.

I always get stared and can't stop. Hope this is an encouragement and does not make you feel worse.
By the way, you dad and I love you very much.