Monday, January 25, 2010



I'll just dive into it.

My Mom's cat Scrappy died on Saturday. He got really sick and we had to put him down. Our daughter was with me throughout the entire experience, and I couldn't have been prouder. I explained everything as best I could snd she understood, and she opted to stay with Scrappy at the end. He went out peacefully with people that loved him, and he had a pretty good life. I'll write an obituary in a few days when I'm not quite so raw about it.

Ugh - I also had to drive through our front yard and the neighbor's side yard to take Scrappy to the vet, as the only car I could get started was Toni's. The Bronco was out of gas, as it's been sitting for a few weeks until I can get the brakes fixed, and the Honda (in addition to having an underinflated donut spare) had a dead battery. Thankfully, we managed to stay under the 60K mileage limit, so we're OK there. We have to get Toni's SUV serviced before 60K miles to keep it under warranty for the next 40K miles, and we've had it parked in the driveway for the past two months (waiting for a check to arrive so we can pay for it) so we didn't go over and void the warranty. We still have about 30 miles to go, so as long as we can get to the dealership we'll be fine. If we get too close to 60K miles I'm going to have it towed.

I slept all day today, so I'm doing the work I was going to do today tonight. Ordinarily I'd feel guilty for sleeping that much, but I felt rested for the first time in several days, so I have no regrets about it. I'm cutting my hours back at the theater just a bit so I can spend a bit more time doing our home company stuff. Toni needs the help and I'm getting to where I enjoy it a lot more than I used to. I think I'm starting to view the bar as more of a hobby for me, though I sure appreciate the weekly check I get. Those checks sure come in handy, even if they're not a whole lot.

I've been sharpening my sword a lot as of late. I'm also debating dropping my plan to get an M4 and spend a little less converting my shotgun to something a little more versatile. I'd also like a new tattoo, as well.

Perhaps I just feel stale; staid. Stagnant. Maybe I'm just tired, or I've been so stressed for so long I'm just a bit numbed out in general.

I feel like I ought to write, but I don't feel like anything has risen to the top. The past few days I've felta kind of discontentedness, or slight a angst or edginess. I fugured it was just me being really tired. It might be becaue we're out of Spark, too. Once you start drinking it, you really miss it when you run out.

Meh - I think that's all I got for tonight.

699, for Tuesday.

1 comment:

haitimom said...

Ian, I am so sorry I was not there to take care of Scrappy. You and Audrey did a fine job though. I too am so proud of her.
Lord willing I will see you'll today or tomorrow. Check my FB. for details. I also called.