Tuesday, January 19, 2010



I'm waiting for pizza to get here. We haven't ordered pizza for almost a year. We're going to be working all night to bang out two big orders. Oddly enough, though I'm spending a good chunk of it working, I'm having a good time doing it, and because I get to think while I'm doing it it doesn't feel as much like work as it used to. It also helps I've had two long naps today, too. I blame the cats. If you can stay awake ina room full of sleeping cats you have a surfeit of energy I just don't possess today. Oh - and if you're ever in the Lewisville/Flower Mound area, try Carmine's Pizza. That's some good pie, man.

Last nigh Toni got into a short discussion about a girl whose roommate was scared of zombies. The ensuing talk assured us that the roommate has surrounded herself with amateurs. I'm debating extending an offer for the frightened roommate to join the team if she's interested, but not the other folks, as they would undoubtedly drag us down with their lack of forethought and preparedness. I mean, if somebody says that a rifle isn't an effective zombie-killing tool, they've pretty much relegated themselves to be fodder. I'm sorry to say it, but it's a cold, brain-eating reality.

Toni rode a horse with Jen for a while this morning, and we had a great talk at lunch afterwards. I think that's pretty cool. She had a great time, and afterwards she got to talk to a "long-lost" buddy of hers, which was wonderful to see. I really like Toni, which works out pretty well since we're married.

My blues have gone away again, which I'm thankful for. I'm wondering if it's fatigue related, or diet related, as I generally run my body pretty hard over the weekends and don't take as much care of it as I should. It may also be related to thought patterns I still get to battle a bit now and again. And since I don't want to talk about that, I guess I should.

We went to Sam's (the warehouse store) today. The last time I went to Sam's was the same day I unexpectedly ran into (or perhaps caused is a better word) an unpleasant situation (for a few people, not just me) involving an elevator a few years ago. I did it during a rather desperate effort to control - there's a shock, huh? I had forgotten about it until today, when being inside Sam's reminded me of it. While I was unprepared to be reminded, I think I handled it pretty well, and I haven't let it get under my skin, though I still remember it with more stinging clarity than I would have liked to. I didn't expect to feel like I was there again, ya know? It's OK now, though.

Nothing much else, man. I'm gonna work on making tests & filling orders until we both collapse tonight. I plan to spend time tomorrow sharpening my samurai sword. It's already sharp enough to shave, but until it's as sharp as my dad's pocketknife I won't be satisfied. Once I get it sharpened enough I might post a video of me slicing through a watermelon hanging from a tree or something. That might be entertaining for me, if nobody else.

I think I need one more hand-held zombie whacker, and then I can quit. Right now, it's this:



It's a Cold Steel Rifle Stock War Club, fashioned out of indestructible modern materials and patterned after the American Indian cowboy smasher. Rest easy - it's much less expensive than a gun. Three skipped meals at Panda Express and it's mine.

I feel as though you people aren't giving me as much feedback on a good hat as I'd like, and I feel uneasy venturing into New Hat Territory without a myriad of good counsel. As much as I'd like to say that I'm 37 and capable of making my own decisions and buying my own damn hat, it sure is easy for me for me to fall back into that "I want everybody to like everything I do" behavioral pattern and rely on others to tell me what they think they'd like. It's a constant struggle, huh? I do it with glasses, too, which are probably next on the list. I haven't picked out a pair of glasses on my own since 1990. Mine are in pretty bad shape.

Also, I'm getting itchy for another tattoo. I think the one for my Aunt Martha is coming up here pretty soon. Winter is a good time to get them.

OK - that's it for tonight.

691 (my 2nd old badge number!)

1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

You're a rugged, adventuring sort of guy...I'd go with whatever the Aussie rugged, adventuring sorts of guys wear...they always look good, winter or summer!

G'day, Mate = )

word: hogionit...like "doggone it" but for pig lovers hahahaha