Friday, December 11, 2009

Well, here's mine.



The Good Ones

Elvis
Blue Christmas
Santa Bring My Baby Back to Me


Eartha Kitt
Santa Baby

Alvin & The Chipmunks
The Christmas Song

Nat King Cole
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

Joy Williams
Here With Us

Charlotte Church
Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Josh Groban
O Holy Night

Harry Connick Jr.
Ave Maria
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
O Holy Night
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?


Brenda Lee
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

Gayla Peevey
I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas

Billy Squire
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You

Vince Guaraldi Trio
O Tannenbaum

The Bad Ones

Madonna
Santa Baby -> Seriously? This is a travesty, man.

Bruce Springsteen
Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town -> No sir, I don't like it.

Band Aid
Do They Know it's Christmas -> More importantly, do they care that you care?

Newsong(?)
The Christmas Shoes -> All I can hear is the sound of grating cheese

Elmo & Patsy
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer -> If I have to explain I can't help you.

Kenny Rogers (?)
Mary Did You Know -> Enough, church. Enough.


Anything by Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston or Cyndi Lauper.


A Bunch of Kids (?)
Happy Birthday Jesus....

This song reduces The God of the Universe, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Alpha and Omega, the Great I Am to somewhere between toddler and eleven years old. Not only do I find it demeaning and condescending, and it smacks of something a over-churched PTA Mom might think up during scrapbooking just for the sake of garnering the attention. Just my two cents on that one.

Let me know if I missed one you think needs to go up. You may also tell me why I'm wrong, but I reserve the right to post a silly cat pic in retaliation.

651

1 comment:

CindyDianne said...

Andrea Bocelli and Mary J. Blige released "What Child Is This?" this year and I love it.

I love Jodee Mecina's Joyful Noise.

I love Oh Holy Night by Celine Dion.

just to name a few...