
Nothing to say, really. It's cold, and it might snow, and I'm going to stand outside in it for the next four hours. I am very happy I didn't throw away my cold-weather duty gear. It might even snow in Houston - how weird is that? That's a rarity, from what I understand.
The cop that works off-duty at the theater brought us some venison, but I don't know how to cook it. Our best option so far is chili, in case it tastes really gamey. I'm trying to broaden my horizons. I want to try some rabbit next. I think I'd like to learn how to skin and clean game, but I don't know where to begin. Maybe I could make myself a fur hat. Can you skin a critter while wearing rubber gloves?
I saw a deer being field dressed once - that was kind of cool.
I was thinking today about how much certain memories I have of my first wife have faded into nothingness. While in a way it's sad, it was (and still is, for both of us) also very much a relief to be shut of those thoughts and emotions; as wonderful and special as those emotions were, that is the degree to which they turned to poison, as it were. Nowadays, that detachment is absolutely necessary for us to keep our relationship the way it is. It's still sort of odd to realize that that eventually happens to all your memories with past relationships, and how that too is necessary for everybody to keep their sanity. In a way, it feels a bit strange not to to have that massive emotional connection with those people anymore, when you factor in the degree to which you were emotionally attached, but I suppose that while it's never the only factor, the passage of time (in some cases, longer passages than others) heals a lot of wounds, and that's a good thing for everybody involved.
I know this came out of nowhere - this is what happens when you have nothing at work to do but run projectors by yourself for 10 hours.
Anyway, that's it. I'm gonna bundle up and head out. You guys stay warm.
643
PS - go to Brandon's blog and watch the clip of him preaching in Spanish. That's some cool stuff, man.

1 comment:
If you were to kill and skin a Skunk, you could make a hat out of that - just be sure to RUMPLE up the skin before hand - then you'd have a RUMPLED SKUNK SKIN Hat.
LOL - I crack myself up. :-)
Post a Comment