Wednesday, December 30, 2009



I think two nights is about all I'm good for. I'm hoping Toni will be back home tomorrow. I think she will, but I forgot to ask when. As much as I like being able to sprawl and toss around in bed, I have begun to miss her in earnest, and I'm starting to feel those pangs of emptiness you get when somebody you love isn't around. I tried to call her at about 11 PM or so, but (I forgot) I didn't have her friend's cell phone number with me (I was at work) and our cell phone doesn't have covereage in that area, so I didn't get to tell her "I love you" and "good night". I don't like going to bed without doing that.

I think Facebook and Twittering(?) have ruined blogging. Thanks for nothing, technology. I refuse to succumb to either, as I can't get out everything I have to say with those, and I don't always want everybody to know everything, though that seems pretty contrary to what I often write here, huh? I liked it a lot better when people used to post stuff pretty often, instead of just once a week (or once a month).

When I got home, Oscar showed me his teeth. I don't know what to make of that.

I got to play honorary big brother/amateur counselor at work today. Some of the kids are going through some tough stuff - stuff that's rough for people in their 30's, much less teenagers. I can't imagine trying to work through this stuff at their age, man. Mostly, I just listened and tried not to say anything stupid, and prayed that *I* wouldn't say anything, but that God would speak to them through me. I hope I did OK.

I haven't felt squirrley or had any residual "addiction ache" since I came to the realization that it was a still one last control thing. It's like that was the end of it; that missing piece that I couldn't put my finger on. I didn't see that one coming, either. I know it's an odd way (to me) to go about getting it, but I feel like I finally got that last piece of closure I was looking for, so maybe that's finally the end of that.

It snowed here today, but it didn't stick. After getting two (used) rear tires so I could finally drive the Bronco (in the snow) again, I picked up my bar check and discovered that the Texas AG's office had begin garnishing my wages to pay child support from that check, too. I called them and because I am ahead on my child support, they got the garnishment taken off. It's fixed now, but it sure was a shock to see my little $125 bar check get decimated to $51. I was going to buy some supplies but now I don't have the cash. Maybe I'll just buy some gas.

It's 2:28 AM and I'm WIDE awake. I got up at 9 AM or so this morning, and I was a zombie all day. I finally got really started at about 6 PM tonight. Go figure, huh? I'm gonna try to get up at 10 AM or so tomorrow.

Well, if I'm talking about mundane crap like this, it's time to wrap it up. Thank you guys for reading :-)

669 (for Wednesday)

No comments: