
So what do you do when you don't feel particularly creative or motivated to write anything? What if you're not really trying to work your way through anything (or you need to go visit your therapist to work on it instead of trying to has it out yourself on a blog?) Actually, I need to go see her anyway - I try to check in once in a while to make sure I'm still healthy and all that.
My initial reaction? Re-post a story that people liked, which is not a bad idea in and of itself. I want to do that anyway - I need to archive some of the things I've written that I'm proud of. I need to figure out a way to do that on this thing.
Perhaps I'm letting the financial strain get to me again - I start to feel it every once in a while, especially when the IRS is involved. It'll be OK (I think) but it's sure a big chunk of money I could have used for some other really important things. At least I'll be wiping out two years worth of back taxes, and I'll only have the 2007 year to worry about. Maybe they'll give me a little bit of leeway before they come after me again. For what it's worth, I'm working on completely re-structuring our entire cash-flow situation, which should make a profound difference for this little company. I wish I had done this years ago.
Or maybe my blood sugar is too low and I need to eat before I try to write anything. I even have a great topic at hand, but I don't feel motivated to write about it, and I'm afraid I won't do it justice because I think it's actually pretty funny. And I don't want to go to Sonic, either, because I'm tired of....
....Ooooo - wait: they have the Island Fire Burger now, don't they? OK - Sonic it is. Today we spell redemption S-P-I-C-Y.
OK - I got nothin' today, except a lot of work in front of me, none of which will actually produce anything tangible, yet somehow manages to be urgent and necessary. This is one of those days when running the business is getting in the way of running the business.
And I can't rationalize sitting here in front of this box trying to force something that's either not there or not ready to come out yet.
Either way, today is a wash, and I'm gonna go eat before I get back to work.
118

No comments:
Post a Comment