
So this past weekend, I learned a new eating concept - feeding the little hunger.
The theory is that as soon as you feel even a little hungry, you eat a little something, and this feeds the little hunger before it turns into the Big Hunger, which is generally when I lose it. On a normal day, I'll just eat once (maybe twice) and by the time I finally get around to eating I'll stuff myself stupid. Unless it's some kind of personal challenge, like the 1 lb burger at Fuddrucker's (which actually sounds kind of good right now, actually) I probably don't need to be eating that way. So the past few days I've been trying to eat something when I feel the little hunger starting to move. Know what I've learned? That this actually works, and that I need to keep more little food around me. I oughta bring a little food of some kind up here to the office and stash it. And I mean stash it someplace good so the rats in the attic and the roaches in the walls can't get it.
Ugh - my office building sucks, but the rent is absurdly low, so I can't complain too much.
These last two pics are courtesy of Cousin Steven (Code Name Black Hood)
I think the first one makes a firm theological point.

And let's face it - the second one is the perfect illustration of one of my long-term personal goals.

I was walking to get a Dr. Pepper today and was thinking about the verse where God tells us to take His yoke because his way is easy and His burden is light. I'm trying to do that, but I still feel my chest tightening when I think about certain things, like money & relationships. Maybe that's why I like thinking about guns so much - they make me relax and take some of that tension away. Weird, huh?
Other than that, not much is going on. I haven't been triggered in about the last 48 hours, and that image (and the concept behind it) is starting to fade some. Thanks, God.
Anyway, I gotta get back to work, I have a machine to fix and other stuff that needs to get done and it won't get done with me blogging. See you guys tomorrow.
133

No comments:
Post a Comment