
On Friday a guy gave his testimony at CR, and he said something that really hit me. He said that he had to get over being terminally unique, meaning that he wasn't the only one that had his particular set of problems.
Oooooooooooooo - that hurt.
See - I'm really good at that one. I just never realized how much I was milking it. I mean, let's look back, shall we?
How many times have I said that unless you're an addict you just won't really understand, or I've done certain things because I was an addict, or that - and here's the real kicker, and the real root of it - that being an addict somehow sets me apart in some way? That's pride, man.
Ouch. Again, I say - ouch.
Oooo - is the devil ever tricky. He can even get you to use your own pride in your recovery, and you won't even realize it until God uses another one of His servants to show you.
So here's the deal, man - being an addict hasn't ever made me special, nor has it set me apart from anybody else. All it does is put me in with another group of several million people with a similar set of predispositions or hurts, habits and hangups. I'm only as unique as millions of other people facing the same demons I face. We just go to more meetings.
So, here's to everybody that's stuck by me since July 14, 2006:
Guys, I'm sorry for all the times (and I know there were many) that my pride came through and got the best of me. I'm not holier, better, more aware or any different from anybody else. All I know is that God has brought me through some terrible stuff, and He's used a lot of different people to do it. I'm sorry for all the times that I implied that you couldn't possibly understand me or what I was going through, and for all the times that I put on airs and thought I had all the answers or "really knew what was going on". I don't have many answers, man - all I know is what's worked for me, and I know I'm nowhere near fixed. Fortunately, God's nowhere near finished with me yet, either.
I'm sorry guys - let me know what I can do to make it up to you, OK?
All right - that's it for the serious part.
Now, I want a scooter. Specifically, this one.

A 149 cc bike that'll do 70 and get between 80-100 mpg for $1300? Hell yeah, man. I'd be looking at saving over $200 a month in gas alone. It'll pay for itself inside of 6 months. Plus, they're fun as all get out. I had one when I was 14, and I rode that thing every day. It'd be great for commuting to work or for when it's just me in the car, which is 95% of the time. And in another six months, I could have saved enough on gas to buy a few guns......
Now I really might have to get a second job. Or do better at this one, I guess.
OK - back to work.
131

4 comments:
OH MY WORD!!! That's what I want too!!! I've been thinking about them ever since I saw one up-close in Corpus last month.
I've researched them a bit... have you? Do you feel this is the best model for low-end ones?
Petey's concerned that I won't be safe enough driving around our little community. I think I will. I would wear a helmet, of course. I always do even on my bicycle.
Tell me more, if you can...I'd love to hear what you've learned already. Have you found a dealer? Did you pick that make and model because it has everything you need and is still reasonably priced? Do you need a special license or do you have to take special "scooter-ed"?
Thanks for any info you can give me!!
I like it. sounds like a great idea to me!
For myself: I appreciate it, you're forgiven, and don't mention it.
For what it's worth.. I knew you weren't all that special all along. ha. *(;=
In any event, what you can do to make it up to me is.. hmm. I'll have to think about that. |grin|
I was thinking along the same lines a while ago and then I saw the Honda Rebel. Now I am signed up for my motorcycle class and fully planning to buy one.
FUN! And when the zombies come, it will probably help out in getting around the gridlock.
Post a Comment