
Mom and Dads spank differently. Our Dad would use a broad-surface implement, such as wide belt or a paddle. Knowing how much stronger he was then us, he would exercise extreme caution not to inflict any real injury and would generally deliver only a few jarring impacts before releasing us. Mom, on the other hand, preferred a narrow switch to the broader paddles or belts. I suspect that she believed that she lacked the sufficient arm strength required to deliver the necessary impact to make the experience meaningful, and an in effort to compensate, she'd flail like a jockey on the last 100 yards of the Preakness. Neither was pleasurable. Afterwards, though, they'd both hug us, explain why we'd received the punishment we had, and tell us again how much they loved us. Reasonable discipline without abuse, applied in two wildly different ways.
Code Name Clara took Code Name Diamond and I to see "STOMP" last night. It was an awesome show that defies a god description if you're not familiar with it, and it was really funny in parts. Thank you, Clara, for showing Diamond and I such a wonderful time. It's a memory we'll never forget, and we had a great night with you.
I still want to pick up a new gun, but it's just not in the budget, nor will it be for the foreseeable future. I pout thusly. Hrm - maybe I could go out and get a second job if I want that one that bad. I could even quit once I got it. Now that's a novel idea - instead of bitching about not having it the money I could go out and actually get it. It's not like money falls from the sky like manna or something.
Code Name Diamond has learned to blow chewing gum bubbles kind of. She holds the stretched wad of gum in place over her lips and blows. It looks like she has giant rubber clown lips that inflate. I've tried to convince her to try to learn the "proper" way to blow bubbles, but she is quite resistant and loathe to listen.
Oscar has recovered from his kitten-induced emotional trauma and again rules his roost. He's again very vocal and again wanting to be held and cuddled. We played fetch with his chili pepper last night for the first time in several days. He also hasn't pounced on my face as I sleep for a while, either. I remain hopeful.
My office is starting to have a bug problem. I've killed three big ol' cockroaches this week and today I stomped on a giant beetle that was so squishy I had to go outside and clean it off my flip-flop and them clean up the splatter he left behind. Juiciest bug ever. So gross.
I got paid today, but it's already gone. I bought a lottery ticket yesterday, though, so my financial problems are probably over. I just need to check to be sure.
On a related note, God did come through and somehow allow me to be a few days late on my mortgage re-payment plan and not get in trouble. I'm not sure how He does it, but it's nice to see Him keeping me out of trouble, even when I didn't ask Him too, or even think to ask Him to. And He does it without me even knowing about it until later, either. As much as I complain, especially here, it is nice to know that God is always taking care of me, whether I'm aware of it or not, and even when I forget to thank Him for it. So, because You deserve it, I want to take this opportunity to thank you again for all You do for me; and I know you can read. Thank You, God, for taking such good care of me and my family (and my friends, too) even when I'm not paying attention.
OK - I think that's all for today, I think.
127

No comments:
Post a Comment