
Eh - what are you gonna do? Last night I was pretty bummed out about Obama winning, but after about an hour I realized that God is bigger than Obama. I had a very patriotic rant all worked up about the Fairness Doctrine, taxation, the economy, national security, gun control, the Supreme Court appointments and a few more things, but after that realization I don't think it matters anymore. My friend Brent came to the same conclusion, and had a really good blog about it today.
I am gonna get my M4 and a few more high-capacity magazines before they get banned again, though. Hey - if I'm gonna be accused of clinging to my guns and my faith, I might as well look the part.
Toni and I played chess last night. She beat me 4 out of 5 games. Either I'm really rusty, wasn't focusing, or she's just plain better than me. I suspect that she's just a better player, but I refuse to concede that point until she's beaten me a lot more, or I come to the realization that I just can't win against her. I also realized how competitive I can still be, something I haven't seen since I quit playing paintball in 2005. I saw a similar side in her I hadn't seen before, either. Emotions can run higher than expected over that little board, huh? There were words uttered....foul words.
What else? Tomorrow my dad gets his test results back, so if you guys are the praying type I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.
Well, that's it. I have phone calls to return and work to do, because no matter who won, I'm still an American, and this is still my country.
265

1 comment:
Zach and I are like that with scrabble. He constantly pounds me.
I'm so so happy for you and Toni.
And I would like to read your blog about taxes, the fairness doctrine, etc etc...
Post a Comment