
Well - I am pleased to announce I had a great weekend.
The obstruction has been, um....eliminated. I'm a regular guy again, and I'm already eating a lot more fiber. I will be making a concious effort to improve my diet from this point on.
Business is picking up. Good news. I think Big Things are afoot.
I'm working on a short-sell for the house, which will enable me to have good (well, better) credit again in about two years instead of four, seven or ten.
Code Name Diamond was with us this weekend. She was grounded, which meant no TV, no radio and no friends, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise because it meant we got to spend more time with her. We got her room 99% cleaned out, and she was happy to donate a pile of toddler toys about three feet high, two feet wide and four feet long. That made me really proud of her. We also taught her how to play chess. She's picked it up pretty well, and she really likes playing with Toni and I. We also made tremendous progress on the bike riding front, too. I think her confidence level is growing in that regard, probably due to the fact the she can easily reach the ground with her feet now, and that lends her a better feeling of security. I get that one, myself.
Toni is doing a great job of being a Mom, too. It's a hard gig regardless, and when you're suddenly dropped in to the role like she was, it's all on-the-job training. She's a trooper, and the two of em are getting along wonderfully and doing a great job of figuring out where the boundaries are.
Cheerleading is over, and as much as I love my daughter I'm glad to be free of her profoundly disorganized and lazy coach, and a lot of the parents as well, particularly the one dubbed "The Child Abandoner" because of her propensity to leave her two year old in the care of other parents and then vanishing for up to 30 minutes at a time. We might enroll her in another organization next time.
I don't like being so tired on weekends that I bounce at the bar, but the paychecks make it a little easier. On Saturday night I was barely moving, I think, and by Sunday night I felt fairly zombie-esque. I slept in late today, and I think I'm all caught up.
My Mom and Dad came to see me get my black 9-month chip. That was cool, and I was glad to see them there.
OK - back to work.
277

3 comments:
I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons that Toni fell right in to motherhood with Code Name Diamond is because she's such an awesome person!
well looking back at your blogs, and your journey with the bathroom troubles, I couldn't help but laugh - because I've been having the same thing!
It was real difficult right after I gave birth, plus I was scared to push again. (I didn't want to pop stitches) So I had quite a few days of the same discomfort before that moment of relief.
I'm still taking stool softeners with my daily vitamins - while I'm a bit more "regular," I'm don't like being stuck with that "hovering" feeling when it's RIGHT THERE but not coming out.
Ohhhhh look how comfortable we are discussing this on an online blog where the whole world can see discussion of our bowel movements! :-) it's a good thing we're open people.
Post a Comment