
Dad's cancer screening results were great. He'll start treatments pretty quick, and everything looks very positive. My own personal feeling is that his cancer knows it's in for too big of a fight if it tries anything more than on occasional pot shot. This is Round 3 for Dad, and I'm sure that while he's a man of seemingly infinite patience, I don't think he's beyond shooting off his own tumors if he can get a clean shot. He's got a variety of weapon calibers to select from. My friend Kim got some good news as well about her Dad's cancer, too.
See? God is good - always, unfailingly good - even when we can't understand what on earth He's doing sometimes, and that's a huge comfort for me; to know that He loves me, and that I can trust Him, and that He has a plan for me that I'm going to like, even if I don't know what it is, and even if it's too tricky for me to figure out on my own.
I do want to thank you guys for your prayers and your good thoughts. I know we all deeply appreciate them, and we offer our most sincere thanks from the bottom of our hearts, especially me. It's humbling to know that you guys are praying for the folks we love the most.
And, if you'll pardon a moment of vulgarity and profanity.....
On behalf of everybody that's had to experience cancer in themselves, or that's watched a loved one struggle through cancer, I'd like to offer the following sentiment:
Hey, cancer - fuck you.
Thank you.
Work is going pretty well. Supplies are in (finally). We have lots of orders we're trying to fill as fast as we can, and that means money to get out of debt.
And you guys are going to get a kick out of this: I'm the un-official assistant coach for Code Name Diamond's cheerleading squad. Mostly I stand around and keep their attention focused on the coach. It's pretty easy, though - they're all absolutely wonderful kids, and some of them are extremely talented and love what they do.
I'm also having a great time on another message board that I frequent (we're having a particularly hysterical discussion), but that's all I'm going to say about that. Trust me - I think you folks are better off not knowing about that one, I promise ;-)
Last night when I was working security at church, I watched a short film they had about a group called Sower of Seeds. they do a lot of great stuff helping people in real need, and part of what they do is install water wells in places where there is no clean drinking water. The wells are $8K each. I'd sure like to buy some of those of those wells for those people, so....
God, (I know you're reading) here's my prayer for today. I would like a lot of orders so I can buy some of those wells to help out some of your children down here. I know that You know they could really use some clean water so they don't get sick and aren't thirsty. I'm here to say that I believe with all my heart that You can do this, so I'd like to ask You for Your help in getting these folks the means to get some good water. I know You love them, too, and I'd sure like to help them out, but I can't do it by myself, and You're going to have to help me on this one. I think this is a great opportunity to show everybody how great You can come through for us when we ask, and I'd sure like to be able to point up and say "See? Look what God did!" Thanks, God, for all that you do for me and my family, and whatever You decide is fine by me, because I trust you. Amen.
OK - I gotta get back to work. I know God can do astonishing thing, but I feel like I need to do my part, too.
266

No comments:
Post a Comment