Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not Much - and a LOT

Today I'm just going to shamelessly steal from other blogs, as nothing much is going on here. Well, a few things are going on, but I don't think you (all) folks want to hear about my gas pain and potential bowel obstruction. Also, the banks and post office are closed today, so there's not much to do up here, other than pack up all the orders Toni and I made last night in front of the TV, watching movies. Unfortunately, our sleep schedule is now COMPLETELY out of whack, which I (we) need to fix.

First and foremost, congratulations to Mike & Tara Welsh. They had their baby - and you can read all about it here. Tara and I have been friends since 1987, and I couldn't be happier for them. You can read about it all HERE. Congratulations, guys - I wish nothing but the best God has in store for all of you!

Secondly, I would be remiss if I didn't draw attention to something that happened to my brother Brandon a day or so ago. Be forewarned - it's simultaneously appalling and hysterical.



Thirdly, though certainly not least, today is Veterans Day. Thank you, to all of the servicemen and women, past and present, who have served their country. There's a lot of us who haven't forgotten about you, and who never will.

Tonight is date night, which ought to be a lot of fun. We haven't had an actual date in weeks - way too long.

I'm going to wrap it up here and get back to work.

Oh - I'm at 9 months! YAY! Friday I can pick up my black 9-month chip, provided I can actually make it to CR, as the bar has me scheduled to start at 7, which I'm not exactly thrilled about. I'm going to have to talk to them about that, man. I still need my Recovery, ya know?

OK - that's it for today. See you guys tomorrow.

PS - Pony, we have a lot of gun stuff to discuss :-)

271

2 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Man, you've got to tell your work you can be a hour late. Who's at a bar at 7 anyway?

Ian said...

My vote - drunks.