
Well, as much as a political ignoramus as I am, I do have a gripe with the health care bill, and that's that the government is forcing me to buy something I am choosing not to get on my own. Know why I'm choosing to go without health insurance right now? I can't afford it.
Insurance is a gamble, man - and as of late I'm choosing to bet on myself. I resent the government forcing me to spend money on something I've chosen to go without until such a time as *I* think I can afford it.
That's my personal gripe - I haven't even gotten into the messes that it's likely to cause with the healthcare system in general. Hell - the government couldn't even run Walter Reed Hospital - how on earth do they think they'll be able to run the entire health care system?
-> hops off soapbox
I've had a personal crisis as of late. I've wanted an M4 rifle for about five years, and now that I have the opportunity to get one, I don't feel like I have an emotional need for it anymore. It's not going to really do anything for me - it's not going to fill some kind of need or fill a hole in my heart or anything like that, so now I don't know what to do or how to feel about it. I mean, there's certainly other (and to many, better) things I could do with my money, but I haven't really splurged on anything for me or Toni in a long time, and it'd be for both of us, 'cause Toni likes to shoot, too. I don't like the thought of not having a rifle that I can hit with at 500 yards. My Dad has a great .30-06, but the front sight is a thin blade and it's hard for me to see. Maybe a rifle with some kind of optical sight would be cool.
I don't want to eat french fries anymore. As of late, I can't stand the thought of consuming them. Today we went to Jack-in-the-Box for lunch and I couldn't stand to get any fries, so I had a burger and tacos a la carte. It was wonderful. Tonight we had steak, and instead of fries we made mashed potatoes. I think it's the fried aspect of it. Lately all I've been wanting to eat is Chinese food anyway. Oh - and I dumped out half of my Dr. Pepper, too. I'm getting to where I can't hack sodas anymore, too. All I want to drink is water and tea. What is becoming of me? I'm hoping my body is starting to take a more proactive role in my losing some weight by changing my taste buds. I have no idea if that's possible or not, but it's a nice thought.
Yesterday there was snow on the ground when we woke up. Today it was warm and sunny. Texas weather is so weird.
I friend of ours brought over some mint chocolate chip ice cream a few weeks ago for lunch. We didn't eat it at the time because we were too stuffed with lunch, and its been sitting in the freezer ever since because I don't want to eat it without our friend with us - it seems in bad form, though the longer it sits in the freezer the less and less concerned I am about manners and the more concerned In become about eating it. What is the proper decorum for this?
Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm gonna make some tests.
760 for Monday

4 comments:
On a related note, I ate some ice cream.
I ate ice cream, too. Why did you change the picture?
I think I already used the last one. Plus this one is funnier.
verification word: bacen
I want a burger with cheese and bacen.
Good! 'Cause your friend just went out and bought more which just means we're all having double the calories we would have had had we just shared it. Guess your body decided to be proactive in some areas and not others, huh? ;)
Post a Comment