Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday Math



Estimated number of burgers I've eaten in the past 20 years: 4,160

Tonight I made Toni a hot buttered rum. I was impressed with it - it smelled good. My bartending skills are improving.

There's an ad on TV where a guy talks about how he's a shrimp blogger. It's a Taco Bell ad so I don't give it a whole lot of credibility, but if simply being a blogger makes you an expert on anything we live in a pitiful world.

I'm trying to bring midnight movies to the theater I work at. I'm taking a poll among the staff to see what movies they think would be good choices. So far, the front runners are (in no particular order):

- Pulp Fiction
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Star Wars (Episode 4, 1977)
- Ghostbusters
- Aliens
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Fight Club
- Back to the Future
- The Big Lebowski

You guys chime in, willya? I need the opinions of people who don't work at a theater. We "movie people" think we know it all.

Tomorrow I'm gonna work on my truck, 'cause I can. I had a truck once before - it was a '79 Dodge D-50, and I loved it. I had it set up completely, 100% the way I wanted it, until the engine burned out. I'm gonna do that again.

You know what I really want? I want takedown lights and an arrow-stik. I was thinking that they'd be useful if I ever decided to just drive around and help whomever I saw stuck on the side of the road, especially at night. If I had my way I'd carry around a few gallons of gas in a steel can, along with some jumper cables, my big 'ol truck jack, & a few other things. I think I'd do that as a profession if I could make a living at it. Or maybe I'll just drive around as a hobby, helping people. I do it when I can, anyway. Wouldn't it be cool to have a truck specifically decked out just for that purpose, and also for zombie whacking?

Anyway, that's it. I had more stuff I was going to write about, but for the life of me I really can't remember what any of it was.

753

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I vote for Pulp Fiction- one of my all-time faves!