
- I have a mango and I'm determined to eat it. How do I know when it's ripe?
- Our daughter has finally beaten the bike. We rode for nearly 4 hours today.
- We (finally) raked, swept and power-blowered(?) the remaining storm damage out of the front yard today. It looks a lot better. Now if we can only finish the back yard....
- I had five old guns on display racks in the hallway; 2 Webley revolvers, an old 1871 Colt, and two antique break-open shotguns. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to find someplace else for them because the condensation from the shower clings to 'em pretty fiercely and I spent two hours today with oil, rags, steel wool, q-tips, toothpicks and a toothbrush cleaning them up. I don't intend to let those pieces get that way again - I've never owned a rusty gun and I was shocked (and appalled) to see them hanging in the hallway. They're all back to their OCD-grade cleanliness now, though.
- I'm bringing one of our spare mini-fridges up to work so the kids can use it in the breakroom.
- I've got a few bug bites that aren't going away quietly. Mosquitoes can go to hell.
- Ever since my Dad gave me some encouraging words about how noticing pretty girls is kind of normal (and knowing that none of 'em are as good as what you've got at home), I've felt a lot better about it. I'm still bouncing my eyes and fleeing when I have to, though. I had to jet from a room twice at work over the weekend.
- The cats are very clingy and snuggly and lovey today.
- Our daughter seems to be having a pretty good time over here this week. And the Ranger game was a roaring success. I'll leave you guys with some pics from that.
Some awful storm clouds rolled right over us.


Take me out to the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll-game

Code Name Diamond and her new pink, sparkley Ranger hat.

My gals.

The wife and me.

We had an usher take this one. It was a great night.

And the Rangers spanked LA dodgers 6-0.
477

5 comments:
On the mango - they're normally more red than green/yellow and will be soft. You ought to be able to press gently but it not be squishy. Does that make any sense? Maybe as squishy as a twinkie? Hard to tell you on a blog comment. Anyway, cutting it is another story.
You gotta peel it. Get a sharp knife and a corn cob holder. You'll need this because not much is slipperier than a peeled mango. Stick the holder in the pointier end and cut a tiney part off the other end so the mango can stand up easier. Then, holding the corn cob holder, slice top to bottom, cutting just the peel like you would an apple.
The mango has a big oval shaped center that you can't eat. Start slicing the meat from top to bottom. When you hit the pit, cut around it to get the meat off. If you try to just eat it like a peach, you'll get all these little fibers stuck in your teeth, but when you slice it, it's easier and for some reason, no fibers.
Hope you enjoy it. We love us a good mango. Also, you can always go to Sprouts or something and ask the fruit guy how to pick out a good mango and when it's ripe.
word: ectsfi - what a good mango tastes like.
If you did not get all that, I will be there next week. You need to really like mango to make it worth the trouble. Haiti has the best mangos anywhere. Wish I could bring one but not worth getting sprayed down at the Miami airport.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Texas Rangers' games! I'm so glad you had fun! Going to the ballpark is always a good time.
I think mom is saying I used too many words and it's better to have some one show you. She's right.
Our neighbor just gave us 8 ripe, perfect mangos.
Incidentally, mango also means handle (like a broom handle) and also means really good looking as in, "Que mango!"
And.....congratulations Audrey on staying with the bike riding and not giving up. I am soooo proud of you. The same goes for Dad and Mom. I also loved the pics. So glad you all had a great time.
Mimi
Post a Comment