Thursday, June 25, 2009

Just so I can get back on track.....



I figure I'll just keep an eye open for cop jobs and see if any come up. Be forewarned - if I start the process, this blog is history, though I *could* start a new one....anonymously (or under a pseudo name of some sort). IN the meantime, I'm going to try and move forward at the theater - there's a career path that's really not bad at all.

Today I ate a mango. Not bad. This evening we took a quick five-mile bike ride. It was fun, and those miles go by a lot faster when you can set your own pace. Tonight we saw "The Hangover" - I used passes from work, so it was free. Shocking. Appalling. Hysterical. In a few weeks (when it's free for us) we're going to go see "Transformers." Even employees can't use their freebies on that one for the first few weeks.

So I've been waiting for a paycheck that I'm going to buy the Bronco with. For nearly four weeks. And I have to say - it's pretty much killed the fun and excitement from it. Now I don't even care anymore. Thanks for sucking the fun out of it, slow, lazy client. Now I feel like I'll be buying the Bronco almost grudgingly, or out of obligation. This was supposed to be fun - a ray of 5.8 liter 351 Windsor sunshine. Saying that nice engine size gets a bit of the excitement back, though.

The manager of the bar I put in to be bouncer at says to keep stopping by and visiting. I've been by twice so far. I think next time I might actually buy a beer. I tend to go back and forth on it some days, but the extra money is hard to walk away from, and it is an easy job, as much as I complain about it. We'll see, I guess. I don't even like beer that much anymore - not since I threw up those two pitchers.

Today we started planning our honeymoon a bit. I think it'll be fun - we're looking at a long cross-Texas tour, seeing the gulf coast and the hill country in short little hops. I've had a couple of partially bad, mostly bad (and one really bad) road trips, and I think I'm due a good one. Plus we both love Texas.

I think we also saw two Mormon girls on bikes tonight, too - do they do the door-to-door thing, as well? Either way, they sure were cheerful and happy.

Nothing new on the sobriety/recovery front. It's going pretty well - I hope it continues.

Do you guys have thing or people that you try not to talk abut as a couple? We do. Our "try to avoid" topic is an ex of mine, though she still comes up every so often (a few times a week, maybe?) for one reason or another. Nothing bad or anything, mind you - she just comes up. I mean - she had a big (even life-changing) impact on me (for both very good and bad) so it's bound to come up. You guys ever have that kind of thing crop up, or is it just me (us)?

It looks like my old house in Justin is about to finally close. I'm glad to have the financial nightmare it became behind me, but I sure loved that house. It could have been great. I guess I'm a little sad about it - I held out a lot of hopes for that house for a very long time. I'm sorry to see those dreams end for real.

Anyway, that's it.

486

4 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Gosh, I guess every couple avoids talking about exes. Of course, my 'exes' were like from high school so, it's quite different. I think that becomes less of an issue as you're married longer. Very soon you will have more time and memories invested in this relationship that in that one and it will be easier to talk things out. I think avoiding it for now may be ok.

Just a thought on the Bronco - you know - whatever the Bronco costs could buy you some sweet, sweet vacation time and build more into your marital relationship. Road trips with more cash money are more fun. You could use it to stay in a fancy hotel or rent a canoe or whatever.

And good news on your house! I know that's good to dump off, both financially and emotionally. It was a great house. You're getting lots of practice at dream funerals.

haitimom said...

I think BC has a good point. A car is a thing, and things can offer enjoyment. But the really important things are the closeness of those who love you. That will endure long after a material thing is rust. Try to focus on those things that have the greater importance. There are a lot of things that I would like to have, but they are really just things and so are not of primary value. So glad the house will soon be off your back. Haiti dad

KB said...

Ian, Cindy and I have tons of great road trip ideas...
If you do go the Gulf Coast route just beware the DPS trooper down in Cammeron.
We will have to discuss trips in depth tomorrow night!

p.s. Ya git my call bout the Deputy job over in Mineral Wells?

KB said...

p.s. Hotwire, hotels.com, etc. are your friend!! Also adds to the myster/excitement to not exactly know what ya are gitten into.