
We took this pic year before last when Toni and went canoeing. Nine hours of running projectors isn't exactly taxing, but it was nine hours away from my kiddo and wife. Phooey. I'm going to make up for it tomorrow.
So - is the first thing everybody does on myspace and/or facebook look up their ex's? Just curious. I confess to having done this with (almost) everybody I ever dated. Or liked. Why do we do that?
I'm getting antsy about getting paid so I can pick up my truck. It's like waiting for your Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.
Oh - and I'm developing a bunion on my right foot. What the hell, man? Has my choice of incredibly unsupportive footwear for the past few (several) years begun to slowly cripple me?
We're going to ride our bikes to feed the ducks tomorrow. Hopefully we can find a Sonic somewhere along the way. During happy hour.
I'd like to play a prank on my boss - something funny and creative, but nothing he'll freak out over. I'd like to entertain myself a bit at work.
I feel like I'm reaching for stuff to write about here. Go deeper, huh?
Last night my wife and I were talking (nothing bad, certainly) about an ex of mine; it happens from time to time, as this ex had a pretty large impact on me in a variety of ways, both bad and good. I think both Toni and I try not to bring her up a lot, but from time to time something will arise that warrants discussion. Usually, it's something I have to deal with. Anyway, for a while, this ex referred to Toni as "the wife", mostly because Toni and I were essentially inseparable and led very intertwined lives. I have to confess that from time to time when I refer to Toni as my wife here, or when I talk about or write about my wife I do it pretty intentionally. I don't do it out of spite or anything; I do it to put another brick up in the wall I've had to build pertaining to my ex. I've had to build quite a wall there, man. And I have to keep that wall up all the time, too, and I have to keep stacking those bricks up, keeping my new family on one side of it and my ex on the other. I do it out of necessity; I do it because I have to. I don't mean it as a shot or a jab at the ex or anything - far from it. Hell, I still have to stop myself from defending her or "protecting" her here in some way. I guess to my way of thinking, I'm doing it as a step to insure the security of my marriage, doing what I can to prevent any intrusion, especially since I have a pretty solid track record of not only either inviting trouble or not running from it, but wandering into it on my own. I guess I'm hoping that if I build up a good enough wall we'll all be better off - the ex included. I gave her enough trouble already.
I'm glad I have a wife that lets me get this all out without getting upset. I mean, overly. She takes it all in stride, but I know sometimes this stuff gets to her. I mean - it has to. Nobody wants her husband yammering about their ex's and how they struggle with looking at hot girls. She's a tough woman, and quite a keeper to boot. I don't tell her that enough.
Tomorrow I think I'm gonna smoke my pipe. I think I got enough off my chest for a night. Have a cat.

478

1 comment:
It's Inky in the box, isn't it?
And canoing sounds just about awesome.
Post a Comment