I'm thinking about letting this go, man. I feel like I don't have anything to say anymore, and this seems to be largely a venue for me to complain. I think I update maybe once a week, and there's only like four of you guys that read.
The way I see it, I think that I've had a good run, and that perhaps this blog has outlived it's usefulness. I feel like I don't have any more questions that I can answer for myself, or that I can process through and arrive at some kind of conclusion by blogging. I figure I've had about five years of this, and that's a pretty good run. I think I've run a total of four blogs for varying reasons, and I'm wondering if I've said everything I had to say, and if now I'm just rehashing old arguments.
Plus I've noticed on the days I don't blog the sun still rises & sets, and the world still turns. Also, I have more time to do other things in the real world.
I might start an online column of sorts, because every so often I get the urge to write. I do have an essay I feel like I need to write about how chimpanzees are the devil's monkey, but I'd be writing that for the sake of writing it, and not for any other really edifying reason. I think all you guys are on my facebook anyway - I can post it there. if you aren't on my facebook, find me: iscott at scottcompany dot com.
Anyway, this isn't a beg-me-to-keep-writing blog or anything , and odds are this'll pass by without comment and fade away quietly.
I dunno - maybe it's just time to end it. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I would LOVE to have you still come back here and post funny memories/stories when you remember them and want to share them.
I totally understand not feeling up to posting regularly but I sure would miss reading what you have to say if you left for good = (
Something to consider, maybe???
I heart these two lines juxtaposed:
Anyway, this isn't a beg-me-to-keep-writing blog or anything , and odds are this'll pass by without comment and fade away quietly.
and then
I dunno - maybe it's just time to end it. Thoughts?
You always said it was a good place to vent and think things out. If you don't find that to be the case anymore - meh. You need to be better about updating on facebook, though.
Since you asked: I like your column/essay posts better anyway. I think the idea of not complaining or not sharing deep dark things on the internet is a good idea.
You don't have to change the blog title or whatever, just post things that you like to write. We'll enjoy reading them. Even if no one reads them, who cares, the point is that you enjoy writing and you could use more enjoyable, free activities.
I think the idea of not complaining or not sharing deep dark things on the internet is a good idea.
This has been my drum for years, so I agree. *(:
Post a Comment