Thursday, December 23, 2010

Click on this one to view it full size. It's priceless.


So...in all fairness, I have a job interview @ 2:30 this afternoon. It's either a stop-gap measure or a career move; odds are it'll be the latter because it's a huge company with a lot of money, and the manager seems pretty bright, which is a good sign.

So, to be fair - thank you, God - it does appear that you really did listen, and as I was so pissy and impatient recently, it's only appropriate that my acknowledgement of Your faithfulness is as public as my complaint.

Oddly enough, I just went in for some buffalo wings - I came out with an interview. I think God just wanted a good story, personally. I'm a big fan of good stories. Apparently, so is He.

I'm going to post a short video of Scout this afternoon, as she's really good at fetching. Our long-term goal is to make her one of those frisbee-catching dogs, and we figure what we're doing is a good step towards that goal. Dad is building a fence in the back yard, so pretty soon Scout can run without her leash.

We all watched the old version (John Wayne) of True Grit last night. It's the first John Wayne movie I've ever watched. It was very dated, but it was pretty good, and much funnier than I expected. I'm excited to watch the Coen brothers version here pretty soon. Toni, who is a HUGE John Wayne fan, had me watch Rio Bravo aftewards, which was also fun to watch. We started McClintock after that, but we were too  tired to finish it. I think we're going to have to add Big Jake to our Netflix account. I feel very American and patriotic watching John Wayne movies, plus I like the fact that he hits people who need it. There's something very satisfying about that.

Anyway, I think that's it. I'm gonna go take a shower. Have a cat.


Cats are funny.

1 comment:

brian said...

plus I like the fact that he hits people who need it.
a-freakin'-men. I feel strongly that modern society is full of pissy douchebags that would *not* be like that if they knew there would actually be ramifications of being such. Such as a fist to the jaw.

I can't believe that's the only Duke movie you've seen. Tho obviously it's a good one. heh