
Today I just feel deflated. Toni pointed out that I need to re-visit Step #4 & #5, and I'm taking her advice. I'm glad the 12 Steps never really stop. She also pointed out that I missed a day of my meds, and as much as I'd like to chalk it up to that I won't. Well, not entirely, anyway.
I have about 96 more hours of running flat out (work-wise) before I can begin to start thinking about only working 8 hours a day. It'll be nice to let the pace slacken a (very) little. I think the stress is starting to make me a little edgy.
I have several pics I want to post from the weekend and this week, but I left the camera in the car. I'll post 'em tomorrow.
My wife is really cool and very patient, and I'm really lucky to have her. I don't tell her that enough, and I think that part of the reason I hate being so broke is that it makes it a lot harder for me to show her how much I really do care about her. And I know that money isn't everything, but it sure would be wonderful to take her someplace nice every once in a while, ya know? She deserves it. I really do love her.
Meh - that's all for today. I'm going to get back to work, 'cause I need to, so I can get the money and pay the folks I owe and pay rent, and.......well, you guys get the drift.
I sure am looking forward to getting back on my feet again, but it's not going to happen by itself.
291

3 comments:
Small things, bro. It's something I do a poor job with - remembering that there's no need to buy a new house or go out for a 100 dollar dinner just to show her a good time. And on the other side of that - feeling badly (or worse doing nothing) because you can't when you're strapped.
Well, that is assuming that the girl in question isn't high maintenance and snooty. Which yours isn't, you lucky dog.
That's one of the things I like about mine - she isn't like that either.
(heh, captcha is "mighti")
Cash strapped bites.
But you really can do all kinds of stuff for nearly free. I managed to keep a date night every week during Seminary when we had. Well, not much.
I've got a bunch of great ideas but you're smarter and more creative than me so when you get a chance to breathe just sit down and make a list of things you two can do together that doesn't cost more than say, $10. And you have to put least 30 different things to do. Those are still some of the funnest things we ever did. Before the boy came along and ruined everything :-)
Just so you know, I've missed your blog. So get posting!
Post a Comment