I promise - only the first part has guns in it.
It's not that I mind carrying this....
.... the S&W Model 10, the venerable classic of law enforcement & military service, the famous .38 Special, complete with six rounds of hollow point ammo and two extra speed loaders. Total rounds: 18
But when the boys at Advanced Gun Works call you and say your gun is ready....
It's time to go get your Glock 21 back, the one you had fitted with an extended slide release and a Pachmayer grip, the one that holds 14 rounds of All-American .45 ACP stopping power and a spare magazine. Total rounds: 27.
Especially if the new Meprolight night sights have been installed, allowing you to once again use your sights in the dark, especially if you got a 30% discount.
My next project is to build a 12 gauge up to my own specification. I've already named it The War Horse.
Today I had my first day off in about nine days. Pizza World tried to call me in several times, but I politely declined, as I had an important date with Code Name Diamond, and after that an even more important date with my wife. After a walking tour of Cabelas, where we saw the first jackass turtle we've ever experienced, Toni and I ate at Abuelo's, courtesy of my friend Dave "Truman" Hill. I don't know when I've had a finer meal in the past several months. We had a teeny issue with my dessert, but the tres leches cake was so delicious I'd have eaten it with a finger embeded in the icing. I was uncomfortably close to licking the plates.
I finally cracked and brought my plants in. My Iris plant has long since proven to be immortal, but I figured my catalupa trees are still chancy. I brought them into the garage & gave 'em some hot water to melt the snow. I need to replant them anyway, and I have a pretty grim track record of letting my plants get killed by the cold. I have one more catalpa tree in a big planter in the backyard, but I think it'll be OK despite Scout's recent efforts to excavate.
So...as most of you guys know I love music, and have a tendency to become emotionally invested in songs, especially when they remind me of relationships. I'll readily admit I'm pretty guilty of this. But - I would like to gleefully point out that as of last night, I can listen to several great (but previously unplayable) songs and suffer no angst or untoward emotion. This is fortunate on a variety of levels, as now I can once again enjoy some great songs, and it's yet another marker as to how far I've come in recovering from the demise of those relationships and, even moreso, how much healing God has blessed me with.
(I had another paragraph here, but Toni had me delete it, and I defer to her sound judgement.)
Also, to put more stuff out there, Toni and I may be moving out of the area; we're investigating the Grandbury / Glen Rose area, seeking gainful employment, opportunity, freedom of religion & no taxation without representation. We'll keep you folks posted.
To close, Scout has a new trick. See Scout Flip.
Flip, Scout, Flip.
And, just you guys don't think all I did was complain about the snow, Toni and I made a snowman. or snowperson, if you want to be gender neutral. Ours is totally a guy, though.
Gaze upon His Frozen Glory. And yes - his tongue is sticking out. Also, Toni looks really cute.
Oh - and here's some snow pics for my Mom......
The front yard, Day 1 of Snowmageddon.
The back yard.
Scout eating snow in the back yard.
The front of the house. If you look carefully, you can see no cat whatsoever in the window. That's because Bunny is snuggled in a ball in a pile of blankets on the bed, emerging only to eat, potty, and meow irascibly when disturbed.
Anyway, that's it. I have to go stop Scout from pulling Pumba off a kitchen chair, because Scout's newest game is called Grab a Mouthful of Fur and Yank. It's horrible & pitiful at the same time.

4 comments:
Thank you for the pictures of the snow. I can't believe so much fell in FM. It was beautiful and Toni does look cute.
Scout looked like a little deer. It will be interesting to see what these dogs do in the cold since they have never experienced it.
I think you'll would enjoy living in the hill country. It is beautiful.
I cannot get our usual thing to work. It keeps saying wrong password even though we reset it. "Anonymous" works no with problem. Oh, tell code name Diamond, should be there for her birthday.
I am excited about this Glen Rose/Granbury possibility. See y'all tomorrow night.
Word verification: Strap - as in "Some days it just isn't worth chewing out of the leather straps" or whatever that saying is.
all i have to say is this; it's a good thing you don't live up here. we've had feet of snow on the ground since november. i am so. over. it. but i have at least another month or so until it's gone. you get used to it. and then you get tired of it.
Post a Comment