Friday, February 11, 2011

Excerpts from tonight's dinner conversation in three acts.

Act I.

These are curious potatoes.

Really? And pray - in what particular way are they curious?

They are quite well traveled; they are Colorado Brand "Idaho" potatoes, grown in Nebraska and sold in Texas.

Well...that's just marvelous.







Act II.

How hard do you think it would be for me to build my own gun? I don't mean like a machine gun or anything complicated, I mean something simple, like a blunderbuss.

You could probably do it.

So.....

No- you may not build it tonight.





Act III

I will not say "yes" to this in any way.

I'm not asking anybody to actually do it, nor am I even suggesting it would be a good idea. I'm simply saying that if it were properly calibrated, would it work? I mean, people are basically made of meat, right?

This is a terrible conversation and can only end in tragedy, and a trip to the Emergency Room, most likely with a perforated bowel.

Again, I'm not going to actually try it, but would it work in theory?

I'm not going to answer this question. Anyway, the temperatures are too high.

But you conceed, that, in theory, if it were properly calibrated, that you could use a meat thermometer to take somebody's temperature?



You guys have a good weekend. Keep reading, OK? We have plenty of time.
Have a red panda. :-) If you click on him you can watch him jump.


1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Hilarious. I don't even want to know what the extent of those conversations were like, but I can totally hear Toni telling you that you cannot build a gun tonight.