I might have given up on me by now. It's been over a week since I posted. I'll try to write a lot this morning to make it worth your while.
So....not much has happened this week, man. We finally got paid at out little company, so money has been easy the past few days, and we're ordering supplies for the first time in weeks on Monday. We are making it a practice to save every penny we can and to maximize every dollar we get. I've adopted the policy of using envelopes stuffed with cash to get the stuff I want. I even have a "get my M-4 back" fund. You never know what your pizza driver tip money goes to, huh? And I have come to love the brilliance of the peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich anew, especially now that my cleanse is over and I can have milk again.
We are gaining momentum in our Advocare business, and it is great. I truly feel incredible, man, and that's no lie. Toni has started going to her boot camp workouts again, and getting more toned every day.
Today's Shameless Plug
She's started using some more Advocare products (like O2 Gold) which has boosted her body's ability to quickly and more efficiently process oxygen so she doesn't get winded while running her tail off (where was that when I was playing paintball) along with Mass Impact and Arginine that lets her work out much longer without getting sore or tired. It's incredible what the stuff can do, man.
Thus Endeth the Shameless Plug
We're picking up Code Name Diamond at noon today. It's not my weekend, but our church is having a Kings & Princesses dance tonight, and she has early release from school, so I get to book an extra day before we have a delightful night together. I don't know who's more excited. Oh - and she has learned to text me, as well as everybody else she knows, and she texts as much as she talks, if such a thing is possible. She blew all the minutes on my phone, and it's quite obvious I'm going to have to change plans if I am to keep up with her. I have mixed feelings about it, but I think it's important to be able to engage her on her level early, so that I can establish that deep level of communication now - later on, that'll be profoundly more important, and I (and she) need to have that.
So, as I posted on Facebook, I have officially lost interest in the internet. I have a total of one message board (munkies), one online cartoon (The Whiteboard), and three websites (Chase Bank, WFAA and Facebook) I visit daily. That's it. I have discovered that when I focus on reaching out to people, my life is profoundly more interesting. I think I've become bored & disenchanted with the rest of the Internet. Even my beloved cats seem to have been done to the nth degree, and I feel I have gained nearly all the material I can from them.I still have some left, though.
Something else, too, and this is something I learned at Success School.
Successful people make decisions quickly and are slow to change their minds.
Oh, sweet Jeebus - how this has crippled me for the last.....26 years. And let's face it - I don't have a track record of screaming success for the past eight or so years. I haven't been able to make a decision without consulting every single person I know. Evidently, this is not a productive way to live (or love). And I've suffered greatly from a disorder known as "paralysis by analysis", which is to say that I've been so focused on analyzing every minute detail of everything that I've been unable to move forward. I learned that the purpose of analysis is to MAKE A DECISION. But, oh - how that is changing already.
Since I've gotten back from Success School both Toni and I have been practicing making quick, decisive actions, and I have to confess, it's a much more productive way to live. I think it goes along with one of my favorite quotes from General George Patton:
"A good plan, violently executed right now, is far better than a perfect plan executed next week."
Hell yeah, George. Thank you for summing up my call to act, not analyze.
Anyway, that might be enough analysis for today. I have stuff to do.
Expect greatness, everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment