Saturday, February 5, 2011

More Random Thoughts

The novelty of snow & ice has officially worn off, at least while I'm at work. I miss traction, especially when walking.

It's may be slightly more difficult for me to continue eating healthy while working at a pizza place. I have discovered that certain foods I have generally avoided are, in fact, quite delicious. Breadsticks sprinkled with Italian seasoning dipped in warm marinara sauce, or dusted with cinnamon and sugar are particularly delicious. Even a chocolate-based dessert version, which I previously abhorred (at least in theory) has proven to be quite tasty. This is, unfortunately, a dilemma I face on a daily basis; it's a question of will power, commitment to my weight-loss goal, and the sweet glory of carbohydrates.

I have also discovered that I am good at making buffalo wings of different varieties. In the event you have the option, I advise only eating the "traditional" version, the ones that aren't better-dipped & fried. The non-traditional, battered variety have an excess of...well, stuff. Also, just because a pizza joint says their wings are "burnin' hot' does not make it true. I find them "warm" at best.

I do need to go on another cleanse, as foods that are bad for me are starting to taste OK again. We'll go on it in a few weeks - I do believe that there's a group of folks that are joining us, so we're all going to do it together. I'm looking forward to the results - not only my own , but theirs as well.

On a more personal note, I've been thinking about closure as of late, especially the kind involving ex- girlfriends and ex-wives. I suppose riding around alone in a car for several hours will cause your mind to wander, especially when you re-visit old apartment complexes your ex-wife or ex-girlfriend used to live in. I think sometimes those old haunts can stir up strong memories long forgotten, the kind of ghosts that most of your brain wants to forget but the teeniest portion wants to chew on for the rest of the night. For me, it's been more of a time of reflection & evaluation, sort of a "how am I doing with that" kind of thing. My own analysis is this: I'm doing OK. I think the thought that has brought me the most comfort (or closure, I guess) would be this. While both she (whomever "she" is) and I were at a particular junction in our lives, we both found certain conduct acceptable to the extent that we engaged in it to whatever extent we chose to. Now, however, neither of us are at that junction anymore. This puts another layer of  finality on what's already a fairly thick cover of the closure that necessary for everybody to continue to move forth, and aborts the temptation to focus on those memories pretty severely. Reminding yourself  "She's not like that anymore." not only reminds you that she very probably regrets the behavior as well - odds are at least as much as I do. Furthermore, it's a reminder that continuing to focus on those memories of how she used to be is the equivalent of everybody focusing on how I used to be, and unless I am actively seeking to re-expose how I used to be to the world, I have no cause to do it to somebody else. And, let's face it - it's just plain disrespectful, and maybe even a little bit creepy, especially to her, and I just don't want top do that to anybody, especially a lady.

Anyway, that's where I am tonight.

Oh - one more thing: I generally don't remember 99% of what I say after I write it. Much of the time, this is the equivalent of me taking out the trash; once written, it's generally out of sight & out of mind. Just FYI in case the shoe fit.

I'd post a cat but Google won't let me for some reason. It says " There was an error! Details: The feature you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Harumph, says I. I need to post cats when I need to post cats.You watch your ass, Google.

No comments: