Sunday, October 17, 2010

This.



So tonight I came into the kitchen.

Our daughter has a friend over, and they've made a pretty good mess of the house. We're not going to be able to go to church tomorrow morning, because we had to choose between being able to take our kiddo home tomorrow night or go to church. We only have 65 miles of gas left before we run out, because we only have $17 to our name we have to choose between gas or food for the next few days. Needless to say, it's kind of bleak right now.

So tonight I come into the kitchen and my wife is sitting there with tears in her eyes, and when I ask her what's wrong, she says the following.

"Remember that movie 300? do you remember that part when Leonidas looks across and sees that he's totally surrounded by tens of thousands of enemies and has no place to go? He looks at his men and says "Spartans - prepare for Glory!" He doesn't back down, he doesn't hesitate - he tells them to prepare for glory. I know that as bad as it looks right now, I feel like that's what we need to do - we need to prepare for glory."

Do you guys ever have, in a single moment of brilliant clarity, a flash of why you married the person that you did? This - among many, many other reasons, attributes, desires, and connections - it's this; her deep, immoveable assertion that no matter how bad it gets....

....prepare for glory.

Well said, my queen.

988

No comments: